Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw a post tickling the idea of having 2 k&n air filters instead of one, and putting said filters in the fog lamp areas.

I would need shield new filters
As they wouldn't last long with debris from the road but..

I wouldn't be sucking up engine breath.

I have a couple of questions as I have also seen many people say "just upgrade your panel filter"

1. Would this be possible considering it's only more length of hose, and another filter?

2. Would it actually slow down intake ?

3. Would this not send the MAF insane ?

I've attached a drawing showing old box and potential new hose route.

I'm sure this idea sounds silly but it would be purely for the look and 'one off' status

Grills in blanking plate out.
Maybe a little led above the filter to show it off

Let me know your thought please

Appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Really not worth doing this unless you have 500 BHP + and are using the car just for drag racing.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Pipercross panel filter is about as good as you’ll get, iv had 1 in my van for the last 4 years, it just fits straight into the original air box so there’s no additional piping, still don’t know what the point of extra piping is as the standard pipework limits the amount drawn in anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Aye the man's right. Ive done away with most of the pipe work on my 2.0 turbo ad the original pipe was to restrictive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been talking this over with a friend and he's advised, if this is something I want to do for sure "for show" then...

I could just hook up the drivers side air filter, saves on all the hose and has less lag.

My concern would be the easy access to said air filters at £50 around about....2 inside my bumper would be easy picked off.
But like anything else really so maybe I'm over thinking that.

Failing that stick a decent panel filter in the standard box and away she goes. It's a 1.7cdti so it's not like I'm looking to make it quicker per say. Just a daft question about the limits around intake
Heavenly big man can't give me advice no more

I've noticed the prev owner acquired a 'kit' and spoiler but they spilt both front and back, back has a sticker over tape holding together a hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts