Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decied to take the front gril off today and to my suprise the bottom piece to my air con rad was broken.:err:

Since my air con is out of gas and i never use it i was thinking of taking the fan and rad out. I just want to know once taken out will it throw up any fault codes or anything like that. Also ill have an unrestricted path way for air to hit the intercooler :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took out the ac rad and hey presto the intercooler is now subjected to more air flow also my grill is still in the body work shop so let in the air :cool:. Does the car feel any faster i can't say it does might see a difference tommorow when i take it for a full run down the m1

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right car how no front grill at the moment as its still in body shop car con raidiator was halg hanging off so i took it all off to expose the factory fitted intercooler.

Coming back up from london and the car has a more definate kick than it did. :thumbs: suppose this is due to more air hitting the intercooler. Kept the car between 2500 to 3000 RPM al the way back home (a).

Personaly i think the factory fitted intercooler acts as a heat transferer for the raidiator as i felt it after parking up and was failry warm or is this ment to happens after blasting it for 2 hours

1 - 4 of 4 Posts