Astra Owners Network banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot Parallel

It is likely to be the radiator one at fault in your case seeing it is the likely one to be disturbed.. part number attached for you to cross reference. they are normally a few pounds but check wiring going to it first and connection is secure.
you dont have a diagnostics machine otherwise looking at live data would solve all your problems!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sorry ignore the above
I'm not sure you have a coolant temp sensor near the radiator
as per your reg it only shows the on in the thermostat housing
Above is for the 1.6 and 1.8 engines but yours is a 1.4
Blue Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

not sure if @valer can advise if the 1.4's have a radiator coolant temp sensor

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Interesting...
It may limit compressor engagement especially if it thinks engine temp is too high...
as soon as your fans stop spinning on startup you know your sensor issue is cured.. but be sure to disconnect the battery for a little while
Hopefully once fixed you will find your compressor to engage again!
So you reckon that this has something to do with the coolant pressure sensor?
Sorry ignore the above
I'm not sure you have a coolant temp sensor near the radiator
as per your reg it only shows the on in the thermostat housing
Above is for the 1.6 and 1.8 engines but yours is a 1.4
View attachment 36630
not sure if @valer can advise if the 1.4's have a radiator coolant temp sensor
Thanks buddy.

The coolant temp sensor is on top of the water pump, above the auxiliary belt. see picture attached.

I don't see a radiator sensor if there is one on this model.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yes i have put the part number above for you.
What are those two green wires dangling?
I do think it could be related to engine coolant temp yes once your fans go off then its worth seeing :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
So you reckon that this has something to do with the coolant pressure sensor?

Thanks buddy.

The coolant temp sensor is on top of the water pump, above the auxiliary belt. see picture attached.

I don't see a radiator sensor if there is one on this model.
The whole sensor should come out via the nut and threads.. seems like yours has detached leaving the threads inside.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yes i have put the part number above for you.
What are those two green wires dangling?
I do think it could be related to engine coolant temp yes once your fans go off then its worth seeing :)

The green wire is the inner part of the coolant temp sensor. It's meant to be all in one piece but mine broke in half that's why you can see the inside of it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
you might find it easier going to euros and getting one! rather then buying online and waiting a few days
I have just returned from Euro and guess what?

On my way there or even before heading off the fan stopped going full blow when starting the car it was absolutely quiet so that issue is no longer there. The engine light kept on for a while but it has since cleared as well.

Waiting the engine to cool a bit in order to change the sensor but why on earth things went back to normal?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
you might find it easier going to euros and getting one! rather then buying online and waiting a few days
Installed new coolant temp sensor and all codes showing previously have cleared. Also removed the battery as you suggested and all previous codes have gone. However, I now have a new code 011014.

All seem to be fine although I haven't tried the ac again.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Installed new coolant temp sensor and all codes showing previously have cleared. Also removed the battery as you suggested and all previous codes have gone. However, I now have a new code 011014.

All seem to be fine although I haven't tried the ac again.
Nice... try the ac and see how you get on

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
P0110 was for the MAF sensor as i previously said but would need to look at live data to see what the intake air temp sensor is resding.. however shouldnt affect AC

Thanks! AC is working again :) How weird! I tested it when the car was stopped so not sure if it's still affecting the car's power as it was before as the car was struggling when AC was on. I will drive it again soon and will test it to see if the struggling issue is still there. However, everything seem to be back to normal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Thanks! AC is working again :) How weird! I tested it when the car was stopped so not sure if it's still affecting the car's power as it was before as the car was struggling when AC was on. I will drive it again soon and will test it to see if the struggling issue is still there. However, everything seem to be back to normal.
Hey buddy, I've tested it out again yesterday and when AC is on, car continues to struggle. NO other issue present appart from that code that is still pending.

I bought this OBD reader from Amazon just to test it out and will plug in today and see if anything comes up.

Any rough idea why car struggles with AC on?

Thank you

61 - 76 of 76 Posts