Astra Owners Network banner

Air Con button fuse

8K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  AFKAM 
#1 ·
Hi, my air con button doesn't light up so I was thinking of checking the fuse first before letting someone go behind the dash. Can't seem to find a clear location for it. Does anyone know where/which one it is?

#3 ·
If the system is low on refrigerant, then the AC will not work. It's designed like that to protect the compressor from damage.

Chances are, that is what's wrong.

A lot of places offer a free check and only charge if the system requires regassing. They also won't charge if they cannot refill the system because of leaks. I think this includes ATS, Kwik-Fit, and a few other places. However their leak test method isn't 100% accurate as the automatic system they use pulls a vacuum to test for leaks. Pressure testing is much better.

#7 ·
What do you mean? The fan blows air and blows hot air when set to. Took it to a garage today. The guy checked and confirmed that there was some gas in it and he manually turned the condenser on and I could feel the cool air blow out of the fan. So it looks like it might be a problem with the switch, not sending power to the condenser. Any advice?

The next thing the mechanic wants to do is to get behind the dash and check the switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.