Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a while of wanting something a bit different, I did a load of
research and found myself an E320CDI Sport.

Compared to the Astra, this is a bastion of technology and gadgets.

The sport spec offers some decent trim perks over the other models, such as bigger brakes, 18" alloys, birds eye black maple trim, sports exhaust, flappy paddles and some other bits.

The engine is a 3.0 V6 turbodiesel with 224bhp and mountains of torque. Mine is also fairly well specced from the options list, including full leather, satnav and DVD with 6 cd multichanger in the dash, panoramic roof and folding rear seats (not a cheap option!).

Standard stuff includes parking sensors front and year, dual zone climate, cruise, bi xenon afls and loads of other stuff I've already forgotten :lol:

Anyway, enough talk, here's a couple of pics from the advert and a couple of mine (Y)

and a little present from my wife to hang around the mirror :lol:

Future plans for it... Well, Mercedes don't seem keen on their owners modifying anything, everything is hidden, covered or otherwise difficult to get to.

Still, I've ordered a pair of LED numberplate lights and a cupholder that lives in one of the cubbyholes.

Over the next few weeks I'll get the wheels refurbed and powdercoated, there's a couple of parking scrapes that I'll get fixed.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be interesting to see what you can do with it before Mercedes get involved.
We shall see, need to do quite a lot of led swapping, going to start with the boot lights (there's bloody three of them!) (Y)

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Looks swish. Audi are the same on making everything difficult and hiding stuff away, just gives you a greater sense of achievement when you make it a bit different

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
beautiful car bud, my dad has the same but no panoramic roof on a 09 plate :)
love it too bits esp when i get to drive it :p

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Great Car Aiden (Y)

Don`t forget the button that makes the rear headrests fold down :mrgreen:

I used to own an E 300 Turbo Diesel :roll:

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,715 Posts
Don`t forget the button that makes the rear headrests fold down :mrgreen:
Heh, that button is epic, putting head rests down was always a chore, trust the Germans to think of a simple solution, just don't press it when you have passengers in the car with the heads resting against them :D

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:lol:

I'm dead pleased with it so far. It's a bit more thirsty than I'd expected but hey :shrug:

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By all accounts it's not even that good for a right hand drive car, but after watching the mechanism (and as an engineer myself) I just had to have it :D

1 - 20 of 181 Posts