Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!

as you can see i have a GTC sport trim.

i want to put a horizontal DRL on the fog light cover.

anyone did any DRL mod on their car?
it seem a lot of DRL are bracket mounted which means it will stick out quite oddly. i wonder is there any other product that is good so it will look as a whole with the car.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
It I'm honest I wouldn't bother but something you could possibly look at is Volvos DRL's, they have them where the fogs would be and there are an LED cluster so it maybe possible to retro fit :shrug:

·
Registered
103 Posts
You've got drl's already why ruin it by chaving it up? Seen loads of diy drl's and tbh honest they all look ***** I would spend the money elsewhere like spinners on the wheels for example :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hollow out Gtc badges and put drl behind so they are lit up lol? :couch:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Haha almost as bad as the brake light stickers that say saxo or corsa etc...... :standcorner:

·
Registered
469 Posts
You've got drl's already why ruin it by chaving it up? Seen loads of diy drl's and tbh honest they all loolk ***** I would spend the money elsewhere like spinners on the wheels for example :lol:
I agree just stick brighter lights in your drl's instead, will look great as the diy jobbies just look so naff. The people that make me smile are the ones with old heaps that suddenly have acquired 2 bright white lights on the front which only highlights that A:it's old and B: it's a heap:lol:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The OP asked for help here and there were one or two serious replies then it spiralled into people's opinions of what constitutes a chav. Not particularly helpful.

If you don't think its a good idea just say that.
Better still offer up something constructive.

He is a newbie to the forum, I bet he never returns.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have seen on ebay self adheisive strips of leds of various lenghts and colours which if you wish you could connect and fit in place. They are flexable to fit into a curve.

·
3,902 Posts
If the ones you like come on brackets, maybe you just have to accept cutting the black plastic insert in the bumper. Check the price of replacements and if it's not too expensive then you can go ahead and cut. You might be able to make the new DRL blend in quite well if you work with the shape of the black plastic part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts