Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Adam)
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to get an amplifier or something for my aerial.

as since ive change me stereo over my radio signal is very very poor, even on things like radio 1, an very strong local radio stations.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks just like a filter to me so not sure how this will help your cause. Still, easy to fit it so cant hurt to try it. I have the same issues with mine so will be interested if it worked. Dibs

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have weak FM on my VXMMI. Has anyone used an ariel amp and had sucess.
I think its the VXMMI to be honest due to my CD30 being fine on FM.

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I'm not sure if its a VXMMI thing, but I have one fitted to my Alpine now and my Pioneer previously, the signal was great

·
Registered
184 Posts
HERC, before you had the ariel amp fitted to your aftermarket headunits did you have problems with FM reception.

And so is the ariel amp actually increasing the stregnth of your fm signal or is it just that its already strong and you dont have any problems.

If you notice a difference, with and without the FM amp which type of ariel amp have you got because I will get one.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
When I had the CD30 took out for the Alpine HU I have now I had to have an aerial amplifier fitted as the radio reception was diabolical particulary on MW.

·
Registered
184 Posts
oh, I will try one then, Cant seem to find one on ebay, which is strange since it seems to deliver on stranger things than FM amps!

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Adam)
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
which aerials amps are you guys all using. because thats thing cost me 15 quid in halfrauds. so if i can get something that will defiantly work. ill take that and get me money back.

cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,
Have you tried to squeeze the radio lead with plyers as sometimes when the old lead is taken out, the hole for the radio lead expands and when the vxmmi radio lead is put in the connection is not full or loose. Remember not to squeeze it too tight as you might have trouble removing it. If that don't work, we do sell radio boosters for the vxmmi which should solve your signal problems, i hope anyway. The price for this is £20 delivered uk only, prices for Europe £25. Contact me on [email protected] to place an order and I will send you a paypal invoice.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another problem is when aftermarket shorter aerials are used it may work perfectly with the standard stereo, but when stereos are used such as the vxmmi, the signal can get weak. The best aerial to use is the standard one that comes with car or a longer one that can pick up more of a signal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i to have had poor reception on my sons asta when we fitted the vxmmi. supplied with the kit is a arial addaptor signal seperator as the arial sockets are different connectors . this adaptor has two gm arial sockets that feed into a small alloy tube and a std arial socket that fits ino the vxmmi ours had a wire that was not soldered correctly inside this alloy tube ,to test use a volt meter on continuaty between each end ours was very high resistance as is a broken wire , to get into this tube ther are 5/6 punch marks /dimples at one end use a small hacksaw to cut into , but not all the way through just cut through the alloy 20 swg and open like a small can.slide the alloy tube off the metal end , inside is a small circuit board ours had a wire that had come unsoilderd of the vxmmi end have you connected the blue wire to the wire marked switch i think its pink in colour .they must have out sorced this addaptor to some sweat shop in asia me thinks hope this helps reg mr maz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts