Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Needing some advice.

I currently have my car listed on Ebay and recived a call about it tonight. They guy has offered me £6,400 (it's listed at £6.995 ono) but this would be subject to him liking the car when he sees as in it is exactly the condition i have advised him it is in and also if i drive to meet him half way as he is traveling from birmingham.

I am not sure if this is a good offer or if i should be wiling to travel to do this. How should i ask for the money also if i did agree the sale... That's alot of cash and would not feel comfortable about taking a cheque?

What's your opinions on this....? :confused:

It is my first offer on the car and it has only been listed for 3 days so am not sure what to do.

·
A.O.N. - Club Member
503 Posts
if you are going to meet him make sure it is in a public place and easier for you near the bank then get a bankers draught made up while you are with him in the branch then pay it into your account

i would give it a couple more days or maybe 2 weeks tops don't be too hasty to accept the first offer (although it is a gamble as this might be the best offer), but it's up to you, if you are happy with that amount of cash then go for it as it releases the cash for you to buy my car lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
i would hang on a little bit chances are when you get to him he will offer you even less money knowing that you dont wanna travel all that way for nothing, text book buying id say.

Sin

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Hey all,

Needing some advice.

I currently have my car listed on Ebay and recived a call about it tonight. They guy has offered me £6,400 (it's listed at £6.995 ono) but this would be subject to him liking the car when he sees as in it is exactly the condition i have advised him it is in and also if i drive to meet him half way as he is traveling from birmingham.

I am not sure if this is a good offer or if i should be wiling to travel to do this. How should i ask for the money also if i did agree the sale... That's alot of cash and would not feel comfortable about taking a cheque?

What's your opinions on this....? :confused:

It is my first offer on the car and it has only been listed for 3 days so am not sure what to do.
a good way to get round it would be to get a paypal deposit off him for at least the price of the fuel itl cost from yours to where you meet and back again mate that way you can walk away if he takes the mick (Y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts