Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm interested in this which I've seen on auto-trader:
I gather it's a mk 6, J, and not an overlap K model.
I'm attracted to it because it's only done 40,000 miles, and all previous MOT's have passed with no advisories. Is this a good reliable car with a good engine (unlike the dreadful 2019 1.4 I nearly bought a few months ago, that needed a new engine!).
Has it got a cambelt or chain, and is it a fair price?
Many thanks in advance.
Simon

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
522 Posts
Thats has timing belt..normally last up 100,000 miles or 10 years old car and common problem is gasket on rocker cover leaking engine oil

I got astra j sri estate 1.6...has 17" alloy wheel and sports seat also lowered from factory

They are good reliable car...i no problem with mines...owned 2 years now engine starts first turn key and also needs press the clutch before starting the engine

Some modes estate dont come with spare wheel but has tyre foams n compressor i took mines out n got full size spare wheel n jack...thats has got spare wheel well in boot...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100,000 miles/10 years seems like a very long interval. Is that realistic or should it be changed sooner. It's 40,000 miles and 2015 so 7 years old.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
It's every 6 years/100,000 miles for a cam belt change on that year/engine (A/B16xer)
if you're buying it i'd check when it was done or insist it is done before purchase

·
Registered
2013 Vauxhall Astra Elite 1.6 115hp petrol 5speed manual Sovereign Silver
6 Posts
Hi,
I'm interested in this which I've seen on auto-trader:
I gather it's a mk 6, J, and not an overlap K model.
I'm attracted to it because it's only done 40,000 miles, and all previous MOT's have passed with no advisories. Is this a good reliable car with a good engine (unlike the dreadful 2019 1.4 I nearly bought a few months ago, that needed a new engine!).
Has it got a cambelt or chain, and is it a fair price?
Many thanks in advance.
Simon
I've got a 2013 Elite which has the same 1.6 115hp petrol engine as that one you're looking at, mine is the hatchback so is lighter than the sports tourer but i have to say the engine is very gutless at any hills and you do have to really rev it to get up to speed but in and around town its got enough power and its not too loud or strained when doing around 70mph on a motorway, hope this helps

·
Registered
2013 Vauxhall Astra Elite 1.6 115hp petrol 5speed manual Sovereign Silver
6 Posts
There aren't many hills round here so I'm not bothered, as long as it's a good reliable engine!
yeah for me its been trouble free apart from the coil pack which went bad so that had to be replaced, the coil pack sits ontop of the spark plugs and gives power to them so when one of the coils goes bad it essentially creates a misfire which causes the car to judder under acceleration

1 - 10 of 10 Posts