Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I currently have an astra mk5 1.6 but I want a turbo, unfortunately I can't afford to buy or insure a vxr so I was thinking of the following options:

1, add a turbo to my current engine?
2, drop the astra 1.6 turbo engine in mine
3, drop a corsa vxr engine in?

Now I don't know if its possible to just turbo my engine or whether I'd have to get the 1.6 turbo engine and drop it in. The thing I'm finding hard is finding a 1.6t engine as they seem pretty rare. I'm also not sure if the corsa vxr engine will fit in the astra an what will need changing etc.

So does anyone have any ideas on what the best way to turbo a 1.6 would be?

TIA, Matt :)

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Putting a turbo on yours is the most expensive option of the 3. The corsa vxr is the 1.6t engine (Y)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
unfortunately I can't afford to buy or insure a vxr
well if that is the case you have an issue mate,
insuring your car with a turbo bolted on will cost just as much as insuring one from the factory, the same goes for engine swaps

if you cant afford it then save up until you can afford to do it properly

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting a 1.6 astra with factory turbo Ian a problem I just don't really want to change my car as I've just got it how I want it, I'll just stick with my 1.6 as adding a turbo was only a thought not a definite

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The best way and most cost effective way of getting a faster car, is to sell what you have and purchase a faster car. What ever you try this will cost money, mainly the insurance cost will always be the down side until you get past 25years of age at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts