Astra Owners Network banner
41 - 60 of 195 Posts
Having a non functioning trip computer in my J since new has had to be the most frustrating and puzzling aspect of the car so far. I've never known this in any other car that is similarly equipped. However being a LEX vehicle I'm not likely to spend my own hard earned on getting it activated.

We've just had an engineer come in and fit an aftermarket Parrot kit, he had all the software on his laptop for the Mk5 and Mk6 so asked him if he could activate the on baord computer on the company Astra Mk6 estate (Exclusive) and basically he had to update his software but within ten minutes had the system up and running, all I know is that he didn't use Tech2 best bit is though is he did it for free :D

I am getting my new 'J' exclusiv tomorrow and would even travel (a reasonable distance) to get the trip computer working, anyone within an hours drive from yorkshire plese give me a shout if you can activate this..........cheers!

Chassis 10 and 11 cars are no problem to activate. Chassis 12 cars are the bean counter specials so along with missing things like a spare wheel, sensors and wires are missing too that will bring up the code messages. So there is no point adding it to 12 chassis cars as there will be extra expense over the adding of the trip comp.

mate of mine is getting a brand new J next week, & the dealer is activating his trip computer as part of the deal, just a heads up to anyone ordering a new car

Success i now have a fully working trip computer thanks to Arnold Clark VX Dealer in Winsford at a cost of £30. Display is slightly smaller then models with it fitted as standard but everything works fine. The girl at the service desk said they have only had one car which they couldn't do and know within minutes of plugging in if they can activate or not no charge if they can't. Next job bumper off and sensors fitting.

Success i now have a fully working trip computer thanks to Arnold Clark VX Dealer in Winsford at a cost of £30. Display is slightly smaller then models with it fitted as standard but everything works fine. The girl at the service desk said they have only had one car which they couldn't do and know within minutes of plugging in if they can activate or not no charge if they can't. Next job bumper off and sensors fitting.
The one I couldn't do was a chassis 12 car but I've since worked out what the problem. Is with them and what's needed to clear the errors. Your car was no problem to sort out.

41 - 60 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.