Astra Owners Network banner
21 - 40 of 195 Posts
You've got the big display there, should definitely be able to get trip on that
Screens are same size, but that is the mid-level display. The up-level display is a lcd matrix, with different pages 1-8. That is showing fixed fields.

All cars have the stalk, so you can acknowledge any message code in the display.

Need to find an Opel owners manual to show you what functions are available in that display type, as it isn't an option according to the Vaux manual.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Stampede or Scrooge might be able to confirm, but I think the Astra J uses TIS2WEB and not Tech2.

When AutoVaux in East Kilbride looked at the car and hooked it up to TIS2WEB, the mechanic said that all options to configure the settings were greyed out and he couldnt get beyond this screen to activate anything. He was going to see if he could find out if there was a hack or whatever but I haven't heard back as yet.

Really hoping it will be somehow possible but am realistic enough to accept it might not be in the short term. I'm sure it took time to get into the setting for the Astra H.

Stampede or Scrooge might be able to confirm, but I think the Astra J uses TIS2WEB and not Tech2.

When AutoVaux in East Kilbride looked at the car and hooked it up to TIS2WEB, the mechanic said that all options to configure the settings were greyed out and he couldnt get beyond this screen to activate anything. He was going to see if he could find out if there was a hack or whatever but I haven't heard back as yet.

Really hoping it will be somehow possible but am realistic enough to accept it might not be in the short term. I'm sure it took time to get into the setting for the Astra H.
That no issue as I have TIS2WEB access and already use it with T2 for Astra H etc.

In fact, TIS2WEB has T2 upgrade support to :thumbs:

I've got an MDI and globalTIS which in theory can do everything Tis2Web can do, just offline.

I'd love to give it a try to see what can be done on the Astra J/Insignia if anything. Just don't know anyone with one

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I've got an MDI and globalTIS which in theory can do everything Tis2Web can do, just offline.

I'd love to give it a try to see what can be done on the Astra J/Insignia if anything. Just don't know anyone with one

Pecky, If you do happen to get access locally to an Astra J, and get anywhere with the trip computer issue, I (and no doubt a good few other AON users) would be most interested if you posted your results. Could be a lucrative seam of Exclusiv users waiting to be tapped into!!!! :nah:

i honestly cant see this being possible via MDI and tis2web i looked and spoke to a special friend who was part of the original development team for Global A vehicles to try and find a way to display and opc logo on an insignia cid screen instead of vx griffin and he too said that all the config files are vin locked to the car. There is no area for variant config to alter any settings.

I recently changed a cid screen in a insignia and it was just plug and play no programming for it at all:eek:

It's one thing that annoys me a lot, that Vauxhall feel they have to cripple their own products. If it's there, and it works properly, it should be turned on.

This is one thing I'm really hoping for from the developers of vauxcom, that they will tackle variant programming for the J. The way they release stuff is very haphazard though, you'll hear nothing for months and then all of a sudden they'll bring out two big releases, one after another, with all sorts of surprises but will leave out one essential component :'(

It STILL can't do the later GIDs and some CIDs, and is really cr*p with the Corsa D, hence I've bought a tech2.

They have a lot of catch up work to do before getting round to the Astra J.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Just a final post re the saga of activating the trip computer on my Astra Exclusiv...Well Stampede's prophetic post ("..what is locked will be unlocked" or words to that effect) has come true and today I have a multi-functional trip computer which gives me Average speed, Average MPG, Instantaneous MPG and Range (Albeit on a smaller display that the SRi and above models). I was holidaying in Devon and on the way home took the opportunity to pop in and have it activated by Scrooge (or one of his colleagues). VERY reasonably priced and they even did a couple of recall jobs while I was there.

I will try and post a pic of the Average MPG display which, although quite basic, does the job.

Thanks to all who read and contributed to this post, in particular, Scrooge. Cheers!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6149/imag0241v.jpg

Your car a black one?:lol: i had done a trip activation this morning and i didnt think twice. The lad who got the job to do the recall didnt know how to do it so i done it for him :lol:

This is good news!

Scrooge/Stampede - are there any other updates that can be added to the J yet?

Would love to get the trip computer activated but couldn't justify going all the way down to you.

Hopefully someone up in sunny Scotland will be doing it soon. :thumbs:

This is good news!

Scrooge/Stampede - are there any other updates that can be added to the J yet?

Would love to get the trip computer activated but couldn't justify going all the way down to you.

Hopefully someone up in sunny Scotland will be doing it soon. :thumbs:
bluetooth, dab can be done

Just a final post re the saga of activating the trip computer on my Astra Exclusiv...Well Stampede's prophetic post ("..what is locked will be unlocked" or words to that effect) has come true and today I have a multi-functional trip computer which gives me Average speed, Average MPG, Instantaneous MPG and Range (Albeit on a smaller display that the SRi and above models). I was holidaying in Devon and on the way home took the opportunity to pop in and have it activated by Scrooge (or one of his colleagues). VERY reasonably priced and they even did a couple of recall jobs while I was there.

I will try and post a pic of the Average MPG display which, although quite basic, does the job.

Thanks to all who read and contributed to this post, in particular, Scrooge. Cheers!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6149/imag0241v.jpg

Hi, it's a great news for me that someone got a solution for this.I would also be interested how to get this on my Astra. Because I am to far away from you (Croatia) to jump to you Scrooge please how to get one?:thumbs:

21 - 40 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.