Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know there are a few threads similar to this but my problem is that I have the ABS and ESP light on my dash. Traction control does not work but sport worksI plugged it into opcom and got the following:

C0800-03 System Voltage (No major issue) and
C0035-00 Front left wheel speed sensor malfunction

Cleared the codes initially but just came back up again.

Fitted cruise control 2 weeks before this happened

After reading about it suggests the hub needs replacing because the abs sensor is built in.
I plugged in the new hub, not fitted just connected and the same error (although i heard somewhere the codes have to be cleared/driven over 5mph before it goes out)
Also done all the regular cleaning with WD 40 jetwash etc.

Its driving me insane, cars under warranty but had coilovers and wheels fitted so i think it'd be voided straight away.

Any help would be very much appreciated, and any more questions just ask

·
Registered
325 Posts
Live data reading from the sensors on the canbus if possible... might help? if the sensor gives out a minus figure or slightly less it would indicate the sensor or the connection to it...

In the G model MK4's the cruise control looked hooked up with the speed sensors in the wiring diagrams, so perhaps theres a voltage problem with the cruise control through the canbus? (I havent got the wiring diagrams for the H / MK5's)

I take it the errors werent there 2 weeks ago?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alex, think I have sorted it but thanks for your advice. Plugged in the new hub light didnt go out, cleared the codes, started the engine, no light andI can even turn esp off now. Just need to fit it now but cant find a guide anywhere, any suggestions?

Thank again.

Ben

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After fitting the new passenger hub the lights went off, for 10 minutes atleast and the ESP light is on constantly and the speedo flickers all the time and the ABS kicks in when i barely touch the brake at random times. So strange, then the ABS light comes on and the speedo behaves itself. Anyone got an idea on what this could be or worth getting an auto electrician to have a look?

Thanks

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
the speedo can get a backup speed signal from the drivers hub should the passenger speed sensor fail, this is probably whats happening.

have you checked the connection and wiring for damage?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the speedo can get a backup speed signal from the drivers hub should the passenger speed sensor fail, this is probably whats happening.

have you checked the connection and wiring for damage?
Yeah thanks removed the sensor and cleaned around the connectors with WD40

Ive heard it could be anything from brake pads to ABS modules. Plugged it into Opcom and it says no communication to the ABS/TC but only able to clear the ABS code.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
the abs module does fail which might give those symptoms too. if you cant communicate with the abs module, that doesnt sound good

what codes are you getting now?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the abs module does fail which might give those symptoms too. if you cant communicate with the abs module, that doesnt sound good

what codes are you getting now?
Ah right thanks, heres the codes i got:

C0035 - Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor Malfunction
(00) - Not present

C0035 - Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor Range/Performance
(0F) - Not present

U2106 - CAN-Bus No Communication with TCM (Transmission Control Module)
(00) - Present

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorted, i took the speed sensor out, cleaned it fully with WD40. Now the speedo does not flicker, no dash lights and ESP works. Free fix, happy days so spread the word if anyone else gets this.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Sorted, i took the speed sensor out, cleaned it fully with WD40. Now the speedo does not flicker, no dash lights and ESP works. Free fix, happy days so spread the word if anyone else gets this.
Good stuff, glad you got it sorted out and thanks for the update :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts