Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Astra with A14XER engine I noticed I'm loosing water but no visible signs of a leak and my oil is now a milky creamy color, any ideas please.

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
312 Posts
I have a 2010 Astra with A14XER engine I noticed I'm loosing water but no visible signs of a leak and my oil is now a milky creamy color, any ideas please.
you needs new head gasket...engine oil has gone milky creamy and engine needs complete strip down,full engine rebuild

all the areas oil goes to be strip down and be clean

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
312 Posts
Sounds an expensive job, is it best to get head checked as well?
yes...get head checked and maybe there is crack on engine block or oil cooler seal has gone..

mines astra j 2014 sri 1.6 vvt has got oil cooler and oil was leaking from seal which has got coolant

so fixed in time or else..having same problems engine oil gone milky

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Fellas i'm fairly sure the A14XER doesn't have a cooler for the filter,
the front cover has the water pump and oil connections though and the gasket is to be put on the list of possibles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
iv pressure tested the coolant and it holds at 40psi the plugs are all clean and there is no oil in the water and the heaters are hot. no bubbles coming through the expansion tank and it defo does not have an oil cooler. just the oil is all coffee colour

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Is the car manual or auto ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha its manual and no oil in water lol. Its fine iv found the culprit for sure after some time waiting there is defo a leak In no.3 cylinder water drips right down past piston and into sump my gauge was stuck on my very old tester lol. Head off it is. Cheers for your input guys👍

1 - 19 of 19 Posts