Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Need a bit of advice,
i drive an XP Sportive 150 BHP van with 60k on the clock, its a great looking vehicle, goes great loads of umphh! however i have a problem which i need some advice on.

The car starts no problem and pulls really well, however (and its not very often) if i sit in the van and let it idle for a while say 20 minutes then turn it off and let it go cold when i go to start again and as soon as i'm moving it blows blue smoke out for about 10 seconds, now i'm thinking its something to do with the Turbo , if it was the valve seals it would assume this would happen all the time it was restarted, i'm not worried about it but would like to sort it out,

Any ideas?

Cheers

Alan

·
Registered
13 Posts
As you say obvious oil burning issue but have you measure how much oil it is actually using? There’s a limit you can find in the manual, I think for my 1.7 it’s somethig like 0.6L/800km

It could still be valve stems, oil seeping down when it’s turned off and being burnt on first start, probably a sign they will go sooner rather than later

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
It’s oil sitting in the turbo, burns off when you start driving, at 60k there shouldn’t be anything wrong with the valve stems, egr and map sensor may need a clean tho if you haven’t done that already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s oil sitting in the turbo, burns off when you start driving, at 60k there shouldn’t be anything wrong with the valve stems, egr and map sensor may need a clean tho if you haven’t done that already

Thanks Davo,
EGR is scheduled for a clean this Easter, Ill check out the MAP sensor too! thanks for the advice!!
As a matter of interest how would oil get into the Turbo?

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
It seeps through the seals because of the oil pressure, and with the turbo not running at idle, it sits in the housing, as soon as you drive off the oil burns out, not a big issue as it seems

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seeps through the seals because of the oil pressure, and with the turbo not running at idle, it sits in the housing, as soon as you drive off the oil burns out, not a big issue as it seems

Thanks Mate!
I'll stop worrying about it now!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts