Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first my steering wheel controls are a bit hit and miss as to how they work,today i could change from cd to radio,go up and down for the songs but i could not alter the volume or access the trip computer,is this more likely the airbag squib or the controls themselves?

second,is there an issue where the trip computer reads way out? ok i only did 76 miles but the trip computer said i had used 2.2 gallons yet i only used 1.86 gallons,the computer said an average of 34.5 (it did go up to 36 but no higher) but the calculation is 40mpg,my previous car a vectra c was a bit out but not this far out

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
First one is likely to be a problem with the loom (i think vauxhall done a replacement loom to sort this) or a problem with the CIM, im sure others will be along to confirm.

And the trip computer its not ment to be taken to heart, its just estimates etc on your current driving, some peoples seem to be more accurate than others.

Im sure others will be along at some point to confirm but i hope this helps (Y)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed the reason why my trip computer was reading way out,it was set for us gallons,changed it to uk gallons and now it says 41mpg rather than 35mpg!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts