Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need four new tyres.

Blackcircles doesn't bring up any results with my car registration.

ASDA Tyres doesn't bring up any results with my car registration.

Halfords Autocentres doesn't bring up any results with my car registration.

National Tyres and Autocares doesn't bring up any results with my car registration.

Tyres On The Drive brings up the following (asking to "Confirm my tyre size"):

1. 205/55 R16 91H
  2. 225/40 R18 92W
  3. 225/45 R17 91V
I have no clue.

Could you guys help me?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
What size wheels have you please? ie 16 inch 17 inch 18 inch 19 inch

as in on you existing tyres r16 r17 r 18 r 19

But as Mickey above says you might want to replace your tyres with the same size

B

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Am finding circular (round :sus:) tyres are great to use!

And made of speshull rubber!

MollyGoogle has things made out of speshull rubber.

But it's a secret!
:rofl:

I had a car in older days where it had been stood for ages, the wheels in time warped and were square:)

BV

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Am finding circular (round :sus:) tyres are great to use!

And made of speshull rubber!

MollyGoogle has things made out of speshull rubber.

But it's a secret!
I'm waiting for new ones actually. I couldn't get the old ones clean after you'd finished with them

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I'm waiting for new ones actually. I couldn't get the old ones clean after you'd finished with them
The stains didn't come out?

That salty paste can be hard to shift but I thought the speshull rubber would be ok..........

:3some: which one was I again?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I need four new tyres.

Blackcircles, ASDA Tyres, Halfords Autocentres, National Tyres and Autocares doesn't bring up any results with my car registration.
Don't rely on your car reg for the tyre size. As others have already mentioned, look at the sidewall of the tyre for the correct size that's already fitted.

And keep clear of Blackcircles. I've yet to receive a competitive quote from them every time I've shopped around for tyres. They've nearly always come out as one of the dearer suppliers.

Try MyTyres, BestBuyTyres. There's also Camskill, but you'll need to get someone to fit them. All well and good if you know someone who'll fit them for beer money.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What size wheels have you please? ie 16 inch 17 inch 18 inch 19 inch

as in on you existing tyres r16 r17 r 18 r 19

But as Mickey above says you might want to replace your tyres with the same size

B
The tyres say 205/55.

Not sure what size they are.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Seconded. I have 2 of these on the car and plan to replace the other two with these. Really good grip in all conditions and a decent looking tread pattern. Usually about £70 a tyre fitted through online sites.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seconded. I have 2 of these on the car and plan to replace the other two with these. Really good grip in all conditions and a decent looking tread pattern. Usually about £70 a tyre fitted through online sites.
I can't afford that so I've gone with 4x Toledo 205/55R16 94W XL TL1000 (£38 each).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts