Astra Owners Network banner

57 plate 1.4 SXi, has NO mirror controls?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  86Will 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I am on the verge of buying this vehicle. 57 plate 1.4 SXi, all looking great, has been looked over by a mechanic who told me it's in good shape for the age and the engine is in very good nick. Has 76k on the clock and I am getting a very good deal on price. However, when test driving it I noticed it does not have the electric mirror switch (just a blanked plate above window controls), and it does not have manual mirror controls (like some older cars do). Just wondering, is this normal? I looked all around the interior and could not see anything looking like controls. The current owner is a lady who was just as clueless as me, said she's never had to adjust the mirrors! It wouldn't be a deal breaker if I have to source and fit the electric switches myself, just seems very strange to me. At the minute the only way to adjust the mirrors is to manually adjust the glass by hand. The car is definitely an SXi.

#8 ·
Hello again, apologies for the late reply. I did buy the car and it was missing the electric mirrors switch. I bought one from eBay and swapped it over for the blanked off switch and the mirrors now work fine! Thanks for the replies, I'll be making more posts on the car very soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.