Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I am on the verge of buying this vehicle. 57 plate 1.4 SXi, all looking great, has been looked over by a mechanic who told me it's in good shape for the age and the engine is in very good nick. Has 76k on the clock and I am getting a very good deal on price. However, when test driving it I noticed it does not have the electric mirror switch (just a blanked plate above window controls), and it does not have manual mirror controls (like some older cars do). Just wondering, is this normal? I looked all around the interior and could not see anything looking like controls. The current owner is a lady who was just as clueless as me, said she's never had to adjust the mirrors! It wouldn't be a deal breaker if I have to source and fit the electric switches myself, just seems very strange to me. At the minute the only way to adjust the mirrors is to manually adjust the glass by hand. The car is definitely an SXi.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Possibly had mirror switched swapped at some point. You can get the switches on ebay quite easily for about £15 so wouldn't worry too much over it if the rest of the car checks out

·
Registered
120 Posts
only "life" trim level has manual mirror controls, next one after life is club and onwards has got electric mirror
elite is top spec has got folding mirrors and heated seats etc...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sxi has got alloy wheels and front fog light BID display but only life and club do not have front fog light or alloys wheels as standard..SXI got this

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
only "life" trim level has manual mirror controls, next one after life is club and onwards has got electric mirror
elite is top spec has got folding mirrors and heated seats etc...
Club had manual mirrors as well, I swapped the door looms and mirror to get the electric 1s bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Club had manual mirrors as well, I swapped the door looms and mirror to get the electric 1s bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my both astra 's 05 and 58 plates, both of them are club had electric mirrors as standard..i never seen club with manual mirrors

·
Registered
37 Posts
unless your like me and share car with spouse on occasion once there set right you shouldnt have to adjust i wouldnt let that put you off just make sure you've checked the important stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts