Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeap.... had the car for less than 48 hours, and someone has revered into my with a tow bar on the back. I picked up the car on Thursday 20th Sept, and went to work on Friday 21st. Finished work at 4pm, and drove home.... None the wiser.
My other half and I decided to go shopping today, and we noticed the damage.... I though she was joking.... i wish she was

Might i add, the car was parked!!!!!

:'(

I cant believe this has happened!!!! Some people just dont give a toss of anyones cars or property.

So how much am I looking? If i can help it, i dont want to go through the insurance, cant afford to loose my no claims.

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Any cctv where it was parked? Any recollection of who was parked near you?

Real bad news, I cant imagine how it feels. Looks like a new door needed though :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No CCTV, and I'm on the hunt to find out if its a colleague I work with.... They want to stay well clear from me!

6 years no claims down the drain!

To make it worse, it is on the 7 day "free" drive away insurance with a lovely £500 excess!

I want to cry!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ouch!! You must be :swear: gutted, and I presume you don't have protected no claims on your insurance. Wouldn't surprise me if the person who hit n run wasn't insured.

Presuming a bodyshop can pull the dent so that the door lines up correctly I doubt if there would be much change from £300-£400, otherwise it's a new door. A cheaper option would be to try and source a door from a car breaker, you might be lucky and get one in Power Red, and have it fitted or do it yourself.

Otherwise you'll have to bite the bullet and take a hit on your insurance.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Id get a body shop to have a look at it so you can get an idea of pricing. Loosing NCB plus excess may cost more in the long run

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Absolutely gutted for you mate :'(

Looks like it could be a new door to me at the very least, with it been a new car I'd expect you would want it done properly so I'd say insurance job

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
If its the 7 day insurance they most probably arent taking your ncb into account so might not loose it, maybe worth a call???

Cant think how you geel though mate :(

·
Registered
469 Posts
Terrible news! Only a couple of days old but i can relate to this. In 2004 i had a brand new astra and some kid in a saxo reversed into my passenger door and drove off, i saw it but couldnt get his reg quickly enough. It was only a week old, the garage said on a new car it would never look right repaired so i had to claim and a new door was fitted and had it back within a week. Feels bad now and it will cost a little whichever way you choose but peace of mind with a new door helped me forget the increase in premiium i had to suffer and quickly moved on. Gutted for you.:'(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If its the 7 day insurance they most probably arent taking your ncb into account so might not loose it, maybe worth a call???

Cant think how you geel though mate :(
This sounds hopeful.... Ill give them a call in the morning, will give me time to calm down a little.

I have looked through the policy, and it doesnt mention my 6 years no claims, but does say NCD Bonus - NO in a box...

By calling them up to enquire, will this classify as a claim?

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Well your ncb is been used on your actual policy so i cant see it affecting them but dont quote me on that as im not 100%

And your only enquiring in general terms you dont have to give them any details lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi. Really feel for you as mine didn't even make it off the forecourt before it was damaged. Since then it has been keyed twice, fudding wallies*. Makes your blod boil.....

Jealousy it what is boils down too. They can't afford it, so why should you work hard and enjoy the finer things in life.....

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I would get a quote from a body shop first mate. If you claim it will be with you for the nxt 5 years which from experience put it up quite a bit.

That and your excess might come to more than getting it repaired yourself

sent from my iPhone 5 on tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would get a quote from a body shop first mate. If you claim it will be with you for the nxt 5 years which from experience put it up quite a bit.

That and your excess might come to more than getting it repaired yourself

sent from my iPhone 5 on tapatalk
Thats what I'm thinking.... But i dont think id be happy driving around a £20k car with filler in the door and to cause problems later on down the line.

This isnt how i expected myself to begin on this forum, i wanted to start with happy fotos and experiences ive had.... this experience is one i wish never happened

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Well your ncb is been used on your actual policy so i cant see it affecting them but dont quote me on that as im not 100%

And your only enquiring in general terms you dont have to give them any details lol
Yes this is correct !

No CCTV, and I'm on the hunt to find out if its a colleague I work with.... They want to stay well clear from me!

6 years no claims down the drain!

To make it worse, it is on the 7 day "free" drive away insurance with a lovely £500 excess!

I want to cry!
As above, it wont effect your privately earnt no claims bonus mate as it isn't your insurance. If the damage is going to be over £500 (and you don't have any luck finding out who is at fault) just claim through the free 7 day cover :)

This sounds hopeful.... Ill give them a call in the morning, will give me time to calm down a little.

I have looked through the policy, and it doesnt mention my 6 years no claims, but does say NCD Bonus - NO in a box...

By calling them up to enquire, will this classify as a claim?
Do not mention it to your insurance company otherwise it'll get put onto your record (and begin effecting your premium), even if you don't go ahead and claim from them

This isnt how i expected myself to begin on this forum, i wanted to start with happy fotos and experiences ive had.... this experience is one i wish never happened
If theres one thing Ive learnt from motoring it's that things never go to plan :(

PS it is a great looking motor you got, I do love them in red :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes this is correct !

As above, it wont effect your privately earnt no claims bonus mate as it isn't your insurance. If the damage is going to be over £500 (and you don't have any luck finding out who is at fault) just claim through the free 7 day cover :)

Do not mention it to your insurance company otherwise it'll get put onto your record (and begin effecting your premium), even if you don't go ahead and claim from them

If theres one thing Ive learnt from motoring it's that things never go to plan :(

PS it is a great looking motor you got, I do love them in red :D
That sounds promising... would you suggest i call the insurance policy or Vauxhall Accident Management?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts