Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i recently bought a 2006 1.9CDTI SRI 150 Astra H with a couple of lights on the dash. Ill explain each and how they appear below:

1. AFL light is constantly flashing, i have tried changing back to the other mode as stated in manual via pulling the indicator and switching on the ignition and hearing the sound however it just continues to flash even when the car is started (both headlights switch on too and dont seem to flicker or anything)

2. IDS+ light is on basically as soon as i open the door, this stays on also when driving however when i press the sport button my steering still weights up and throttle response improves and both change when switched off via sport button again.

3. Traction Control light is constantly on while driving, i have given the car some quicker take offs from stationary and it doesnt seem like it wants to wheelspin or anything so i am unsure if the TC is actually working or not even though the light is on dash? I have also tried holding the sport button to turn on and off the ESP but the light remains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as a lot of the things i am reading are a variety of different causes etc and just hoping if anyone can shed any ideas or things to check? (I am also going to get a diagnostic check on the car and see what comes up if i cannot remove any of the lights by doing anything you guys might suggest)

Thanks in advance!

·
3,890 Posts
Welcome to AON! I have moved your thread to the Astra H section where hopefully someone will be able to help...

·
15,040 Posts
Unfortunately all 3 systems can only be accessed by a diagnostic tool, the pedal test will not read anything other than engine ECU faults.

They literally could mean anything so without the codes it would be a stab in the dark.

The IDS light should come on when you open the door, that's normal, but that it stays on is an indication of a problem, and it might be linked to the fact the TC light is on, or it might be separate, could be one of the shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@MusicLoverUK thanks very much mate!

@Stickman No problem thanks mate, so does it need to be a specific diagnostic machine (tech2, Opcom) or can i just take it to my local garage and see what codes are appearing with whatever machine they use?

As for the IDS, i am hoping that it may be linked the TC somehow, as one of the IDS shocks going could be quite expensive from what ive seen online...When i bought the car the guy did mention when he was changing one of the rear brake pipes there was some kind of wire back there that looked a bit worse for wear.. hoping it could be a sensor and at might explain some lights on the dash or maybe even the headlights one..

I will get my car put on a diagnostic and make note of what codes it throws up and then post them back into this thread, probably Monday 25th ill have the codes on here if you guys can help further once that info is there.. thanks very much so far!

Soeak soon!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
The 2 diagnostics you mention will read the codes, generic readers are a waste of time as the don’t read most of the canbus system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Davo No worries cheers mate, does that mean ill have to check with the garage that they have one of those two machines before arranging an appointment to get the codes read?

@pault_99 cheers for the info mate, unfortunately im based in the North East, Newcastle ish area but thanks for the offer! :)(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Davo No worries mate, ill be getting it booked into somewhere hopefully monday and will update the thread with the codes (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts