Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 2007 Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150 in July and insurance was coming up at end of September.

Well on I go to the comparison market websites.
Cheapest was on Compare The Market and with Premium Choice.

Im 21 years old and will have 2 years NCB at end of September and 4 years since past test (no claims at all), also live in a decentish area.

Got a quote with Premium Choice for me as the main driver and dad as a named.
They quoted me £881.70 for Fully Comp with £500 compulsory excess.

And to my amazement, they gave me it for £881.70 along with claims manager, quote also included 15,000 miles for social, domestic and commuting also.

Well chuffed considering my age.

·
Registered
386 Posts
23 - 6 years experience 0 ncb
2 Accidents
5 points Driving without due care (one of the accidents)
0 points 7 day ban SP50
£3600 a year :(

Consider your quote awesome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
480£ PA, fully comp, 6 years protected bonus, 27 Y/O, recently clean licence.. Tho that's thru an associate of mine who underwrites his own policies.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
32, full no claims, good area, 20k a year, business insurance. £780

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts
just renewed my insurance my missis works for aviva been driving 8 years 5 NCB astra 1.9cdi 150 bhp . £430 a year and am 26 years old . my insurance last year was £900 a year and that was with admiral robbing dicks he he .

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Thats a cracking deal really.....I got an astra smokey machine 150, 37 year old , will be 15 years no claims this year with no points to mention anymore. The joy of this is me hemorrhaging money to the value of a little over £600. And oh boy have i shopped around.

Insurance company will be giving it :hyper::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::hyper: again in april.

Sunderland, i salute you for this. You rock.

·
Registered
232 Posts
CDTi SRi 150, 49 years old, 18 years ncb, driving cars for 18 years, fully comp me & the missus, Green Box eco3 declared, £157-, Admiral.
Honda Transalp, 32 years ncb, fully comp, £82-, Bennetts.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
CDTi SRi 150, 49 years old, 18 years ncb, driving cars for 18 years, fully comp me & the missus, Green Box eco3 declared, £157-, Admiral.
Honda Transalp, 32 years ncb, fully comp, £82-, Bennetts.
See. I envy quotes like this. I get quotes that appear as if im driving around on top of a nuclear warhead. Am ganning to scotland. Room for a small one???? pardon the pun :shock:

·
Registered
108 Posts
insurance companys are no happy unless there shafting us . fuds:wave:
Not true.. I work for a small broker who work with some big insurers in the UK and abroad, people only get shafted if they lie or don't disclose claims/convictions. Risk and rating factors vary for each individual/car/area etc.

A saying which gets thrown around a lot - 'buyers are liars'

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
24 - Astra VXR stage 3 315bhp
all mods declared power/cosmetic
3points for a sp30
6years protected NCB

£929 with greenlight

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
Driving for 2
years NCB
12000 miles

Sri XP

£780 markerstudy through Adrian Flux

Did have as quote of £655 but that didn't include it as an SRi xp only and SRi, aslo got some additional extras such as breakdown and european road cover thats not included in that price, but still beats all the other quotes I got.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm 25
4 yrs no claims

Got a quote for £710 with flux, same details with greenlight and they offered me it for £558.50 with protected no claims and 0 vol excess!!. I rang flux back next day and told them and they did me the same deal for £545. Sealing the deal tomorrow morning.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts