Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Hopefully someone can help.

I have owned my 2013 Astra J 1.7 CDTI Ecoflex for about 6 months, and when I got it it had the Service Vehicle Soon message on the IC. I thought this was just a general engine service message, but later found out it wasn't.

So after reading through the forums, I have done/found the following;

• I have scanned the car and I am getting P2080 Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 Performance.
  • Cleared the code and it comes straight back.
  • Checked EGT sensor temps, Ambient temp 26°C , EGT sensor 1 was showing 50°C , EGT sensor 2 was showing 25°C .
  • Wiggled wire from EGT sensor 1 to plug (2) made no difference
  • Wiggled wire from that plug down to the engine oil level indicator switch plug (3) and got the temp on EGT sensor 1 to fluctuate. With more wiggling, got the temp to stabilise at 27°C.
  • Unplugged EGT 1 plug (2) made no difference to temp
  • Cleared the code and it stayed off.

From reading the forums, I have seen about a service bulletin that mentions about replacing the connector to the EGT 1 Sensor using part 13384371, but this appears to be a 2 pin plug, whereas the one I have is a 6 pin. Also, its the harness going to the engine oil level indicator switch plug (3) that seems to be the problem.

Has anyone any experience with this fault that can offer me some guidance please?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Are you sure you're looking at the correct sensor ?
EGT sensors are usually 2 pins not 6

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appears you are right. I misintrepreted the drawing and traced the wires for the 02 Sensor. Is this the EGT 1 sensor in the pic?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yes looks about right for egts 1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes looks about right for egts 1
Thanks Valor. Typically, the message hasn't come up again since I wiggled some wires.

Can I ask, the wiring harness repair kit part no 13384371 which you mention in one of your posts, do you know if this to repair the harness rather than the pigtail on the sensor?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Reactions: Mark_Herts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts