Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my fuel rail replaced by Vauxhall due to fault light coming on. Since then it still comes on intermittently. Vauxhall can see the codes where is has come off (goes off on restart of engine) but cannot replicate it happening. Only seems to happen when I’m in it. The fault code is down to fuel pressure. They have given back after having it for 2 weeks and driving 100+ miles in it and not fault light. I have it back a week and it’s gone on 4 times. Pedal test this time shows ECN code 8766 but cannot find what it means. I’m pulling my hair out in frustration. No list of power etc when light comes on but in idle the revs are a lot higher. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ok, we know from the pics you posted that this is an Astra H and a diesel,but exactly which engine ?
P0087 is a generic low fuel pressure code,the symptom byte 66 probably won't help you get nearer the actual fault.
Have they done the obvious first step and changed the fuel filter ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, we know from the pics you posted that this is an Astra H and a diesel,but exactly which engine ?
P0087 is a generic low fuel pressure code,the symptom byte 66 probably won't help you get nearer the actual fault.
Have they done the obvious first step and changed the fuel filter ?
Hi,
It’s a 1.7. They have said the fuel filter is fine. They firstly put an additive in and when that didn’t work said it was the fuel rail that was the issue despite test saying it was working fine they put it down to the sensor and replaced the lot. I keep getting the intermittent error but so frustrating as they say it doesn’t happen when they have it. I’m wondering if the car just doesn’t like me!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
They say the "filter is fine" as in they've changed it ?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You know what i'm going to say now then lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know what i'm going to say now then lol
Thank you for your help. Vauxhall had admitted that at no point the fuel filter was checked as part of their investigation despite the error code being around fuel pressure. They are now arranging a refund of the work I have paid for. Will be taking it to a local garage and getting the filter checked/changed.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
No problem,it may not turn out be the cause but it's the first basic and relatively cheap thing to rule out.

Reactions: Yvonne Toogood
1 - 14 of 14 Posts