Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
My wife has an Astra Burtone 55 plat soft top.that she bought second hand 3 years ago for her midlife crises 馃ぃ
Yesterday We tried to put the roof down as normal, but it stopped about 1/4 of the way.
I can't get it moving at all.
I understand it can be moved manually with a crank, which is supposed to be in the glove box. No, it isn't, typical.
Anyone got any clues as to how I can get it to shut until I can take it to our local garage, please?

Registered
Hi.
My wife has an Astra Burtone 55 plat soft top.that she bought second hand 3 years ago for her midlife crises
Yesterday We tried to put the roof down as normal, but it stopped about 1/4 of the way.
I can't get it moving at all.
I understand it can be moved manually with a crank, which is supposed to be in the glove box. No, it isn't, typical.
Anyone got any clues as to how I can get it to shut until I can take it to our local garage, please?
Hi I've just sold my astra bertone but my roof got stuck too .the crank handle only operates the roof latch . You can use a Allen key for that bit. Looking at passenger side with metal tonneau up on the side wall there is a micro switch on the mech arm which I operated and it worked again on switch in car. I think you need boot open to release lever but .
boot would not open as roof half up . The micro switch was only thing I fiddled with but it appeared to work .Hope this helps as I spent 2hours trying to get roof back down that appeared jammed and boot locked

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi I've just sold my astra bertone but my roof got stuck too .the crank handle only operates the roof latch . You can use a Allen key for that bit. Looking at passenger side with metal tonneau up on the side wall there is a micro switch on the mech arm which I operated and it worked again on switch in car. I think you need boot open to release lever but .
boot would not open as roof half up . The micro switch was only thing I fiddled with but it appeared to work .Hope this helps as I spent 2hours trying to get roof back down that appeared jammed and boot locked

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Thanks for your input and for trying to help.
Unfortunately, the car has gone now:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts