Astra Owners Network banner

2004 VAUXHALL ASTRA SXI 16v TWINPORT 1.6 PETROL Z16XEP ENGINE (low oil cutoff?)

828 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  valer 
#1 ·
Hi, I managed to smash hole in my sump, I had to drive 1mile home. It cut out on way then stalled as i pulled into parking. Obviously no oil in it now. Engine wont turn over, althou I am certain i did not do engine any damage. My question is , is there a safety cutoff switch for low oil on my car? And once sump pan repla ed and filled oil, is it likely to start or will any cut-outs need resetting?

#2 ·
No cut out that i know about,why are you so sure there's no engine damage ?
it sounds as though it may be seized,let it cool down,then see if it'll turn over while pushing it in gear
or take the plugs out and see if it'll turn over by hand on the crank pulley bolt

#3 ·
it sounds as though it may be seized,let it cool down,then see if it'll turn over while pushing it in gear
or take the plugs out and see if it'll turn over by hand on the crank pulley bolt

#4 ·
no its not siezed, mainly becoz most of oil came out once i was home. it justs click when i turn ignition so mayb i done somethink to starter motor when i damaged sump, did hit sump very hard. so you dont think it would cut out if pressure got low no?

#6 ·
As i said,i don't know of any cut out,if there was still plenty of oil still there when you got home then the oil pressure should still have been ok as long as the pickup in the sump is in place.

Can you pin down where the clicking is coming from, the UEC or starter solenoid ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.