Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May i be the first to offer condolences to the families of the two police officers shot dead today in Greater Manchester.

Although we all may have our differences with the police, these two women turned up for their job today not knowing what events would unfold. These officers were just like you or i turning up for a days work today. They carry out a thankless task protecting us and our families day in day out and often face ridicule.

These people are brave people who are human beings and family members, who sadly today paid the ultimate price for the good of society.

So please, can we all unite in offering condolences to their families whose lives today have been shattered in a second by a ruthless criminal.

Stuart

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Nige)
17,684 Posts
heard this earlier, what's the world coming to when people are walking round manchester with guns and hand grenades as is suspected, then he goes and turns himself in. And agreed, there are a few families grieving right now because of what was a routine patrol

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Rip. am no a fan of police but dont mean i wish them to e shot purely for waring a uniform and badge

·
Registered
84 Posts
Heard this about an hour ago,ive got friends who are police officers in manchester so had to make a quick call to check all was OK.
When are our police going to be armed instead of giving them a stick and an aerosol can to defend themselves.
I know there are people for and against this but 2 families have had yet another knock on the door today with the sad news,how many more before our country changes.
RIP

·
17,684 Posts
Heard this about an hour ago,ive got friends who are police officers in manchester so had to make a quick call to check all was OK.
When are our police going to be armed instead of giving them a stick and an aerosol can to defend themselves.
I know there are people for and against this but 2 families have had yet another knock on the door today with the sad news,how many more before our country changes.
RIP

Problem is a lot of them don't want to be armed as the norm. They obviously had no idea that Cregan was in any way connected to the call out, or with his gangland killings he was already being hunted for, they wouldn't have been anywhere near it.

·
17,684 Posts
just watching the news conference and it appears he's rung the police to say there has been a break in at a house where he was hiding, then as the officers got there he's come into the street shooting and throwing a grenade. Cold blooded pre meditated murder of two young girls. And to then walk a few yards to the police station to hand himself in, just seems so pointless and a waste of two lives

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
just watching the news conference and it appears he's rung the police to say there has been a break in at a house where he was hiding, then as the officers got there he's come into the street shooting and throwing a grenade. Cold blooded pre meditated murder of two young girls. And to then walk a few yards to the police station to hand himself in, just seems so pointless and a waste of two lives
Discrace. Hope he's left to rot

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I thought it was a case of they were responding to a call from someone else and it happened to be him. This makes it even more deplorable. I simply fail to understand the mindset of some people :angry:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Police need to be armed and the Death Penalty needs to be brought back. Waste of lives just because if this selfish man.

·
15,092 Posts
OK so today the ECHR has ruled that indeterminate sentences breach the human rights of the prisoner.

At what point is a crime so deplorable and base that the perpetrator should maybe start to lose some of their rights? After all didn't the victims have a right not to be shot?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts