Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well set about trying out my new Dual Action Machine Polisher on sunday, got off to a great start then it bloody kept raining on me.

Every time it stopped raining i had to go out, re-dry the panel and then start again lol, bloody frustrating. Before anyone notices, i have left the wheels and arches as i will be taking the wheels off tomorrow and claying them. Probably not the best order but i wanted to crack on with the bodywork and ran out of time.

So here is what i did:

1. Washed with 2 bucket method and CG max suds.
2. Clayed using Meguairs Clay Kit (but also use the last of my Sonus Lube.
3. Washed again with 2 bucket method and CG max suds.
4. Megs G220 machine polisher, Menzerna PO 85 RE 5 Final Finish applied using Lake Country CCS White 3.5" Buffing Pad
Polishing Pad (also used CG Pro Polish + in some areas)
5. Megs G220 machine polisher, Poorboys Black Hole Glaze applied using Lake Country CCS Black 3.5" Buffing Pad
Finishing Pad
6. P21s Concours look Carnaurbar Wax
7. Rubber seals etc covered in aerospace 303 protectant.

Pictures to follow, bear with me (Y)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some before photos showing some of the correction needed.

A few large scratches and some swirling :mad:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried a 50/50 shot but not very good, need a back light so i now know to show irregularities properly.

Also, the mrs nicked the camera after this so picture quality not as good as had to use my phone :)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyway, now all the photos have uploaded, here is how the motor turned out :)

All comments good or bad are welcome! (Y)

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Brilliant finish to the paintwork. Shame the weather couldn't be better for you.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do mine? (a)
Whats it worth lol (Y) :lol:

looking good lee get the tyre shine on and it will be complete good depth u got to
I will be mate, ran out of time and weather did not help. Wheels are coming off the car tomorrow, getting clayed, waxed, sealed etc. Tyres will then be cleaned and dressed :D

Amazing results there mate, black really does come up nice.
Cheers mate :) They look good clean, just never stay that way for long :mad:

Brilliant finish to the paintwork. Shame the weather couldn't be better for you.
Cheers mate (Y)

Yeah, bloody british weather, took me twice as long to do because i kept having to dry panels before continuing :'( :D

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
looks like ya did a fine job there looks spot on now, next time if u get bored or want to machine it again try dodo limpe prime fantastic product by machine corrects vx paint and leaves a LSP ready finish so cuts out refining.

How did you get on applying the glaze by machine? always wanted to try it but never have

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks like ya did a fine job there looks spot on now, next time if u get bored or want to machine it again try dodo limpe prime fantastic product by machine corrects vx paint and leaves a LSP ready finish so cuts out refining.

How did you get on applying the glaze by machine? always wanted to try it but never have
I'll have to try lime prime next time (Y)

Glaze went on really well by machine in my limited opinion lol, was a little messy at times as the consistancy of the glaze is thinner/runnier than the polish, also think i overloaded the pad at one point. Just buffed straight off with a MF after :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well done mate looking really good, now you just have to keep it that way :thumbs:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey it just means you have to wash it more often.....my neighbours think i'm mental i clean mine so much........i just like to have a clean car :shrug:

·
A.O.N Regional Organiser - Wales (Craig)
2,993 Posts
Hey it just means you have to wash it more often.....my neighbours think i'm mental i clean mine so much........i just like to have a clean car :shrug:
every time I go out to wash my car my neighbour always says "washing it again!?" I wouldn't mind if I was washing it every weekend, but chances are its once a month weather permitting lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts