Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there was wondering if anyone out there could help me with something. Past week or so I've noticed my 14 plate astra eco feels jumpy when I'm driving and today the check engine light and the traction control light came on but then turned off after a few minutes. I then took the car home turned it off and back on again and didn't get any warning lights this time?

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there was wondering if anyone out there could help me with something. Past week or so I've noticed my 14 plate astra eco feels jumpy when I'm driving and today the check engine light and the traction control light came on but then turned off after a few minutes. I then took the car home turned it off and back on again and didn't get any warning lights this time? I've also tried a pedal test and no error codes came up. I've only had the car about 4 months now.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The pedal test doesn't work on the Astra J,you need a decent scan tool like opcom to access all codes including manufacturer specific ones.
Coil packs and/or plugs commonly cause those sort of problems on that engine.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Nah an obd will only get you obd codes,
loads of manufacturer specific codes on the J they won't pick up,i keep an obd in the car for emergencies but you can't beat a proper system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts