Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking for abit of advice,
got my astra 1.9 cdti 06 plate with 50k only 2 weeks ago and today i was going to clean the EGR and noticed that the swirl rod looked abit squiffed so i literally touched it and it fell out of its pivot holes. I tried starting the car and it would judder really bad and had no power. I refitted bar after about 2 hours of trying and there was no longer any judder but still no power. I left it half hour and restarted engine and all seems fine now but the rod is still really really loose.
What do i do? i rang dealer and explained and he seemed reluctant to do anything so i he told me to call back tomorrow when the manager is in. Shall i push for a new inlet manifold as i dont want them to bodge it up?
Thanks and hopefully someone has the info i need!!
phil

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
sorry to hear about your troubles phil i would speak to the manager and take the car back and point out the problem and explain what happened ie would not start, i dont see that there should be a problem with them fixing it seen as you have only had it a couple of weeks, just as a matter of caution i would search on here for people with said same problem and print a handfull off just to prove that you have looked into the problem and that your not someone who is willing to be fobed off with any excuse.

unfortunatly its a common problem just like the gearbox,

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.