Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to this and still have my Astra. To be honest it's been nothing but trouble. It's an 08 plate and the gear box, clutch and flywheel went this year costing a fortune. And then the water pump siezed up recently shredding my timing belt causing major engine damage and another fortune! This is all with normal driving and no tuning. Since then I'm now considering tuning as what else can go wrong it's had new everything (none Vauxhall new parts tho)

Anyway that's me and I'm hoping my Astra pays me back by lasting a good 6 years or so!

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Welcome to A.O.N

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck, but hopefully you're in for trouble free motoring here on out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers peeps. Pity Vauxhall wouldn't contribute To any of my problems. After reading lots of forums the water pump and gear box are quite common but Vauxhall say you see anything you want to hear on forums!

Anyway onwards and upwards now fingers crossed!

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Welcome to AON :wave: I feel your pain I had a 1.9 everything kept breaking in the end I paid more for repairs then I did for the car, in the end I just sold it and got my VxR, saying that I know some 1.9's that have no issues at all.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome mate, I've had them all.

Wait for your EGR Valve to go........:sus:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts