Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Ive brought a digital boost gauge reading BAR, do any of you who have fitted a boost gauge know of anywhere i can conect my vaccum pipe to to get a decent reading? and also if any of you could give me some information on where and how to run the vacuum pipe to the top of my dash without seeing it would be awesome! Ive got as far as running it through the rubber bung but i can't seem to get up the back of the dash with it :confused:

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
707 Posts
Is it not easier running up the side and attaching to a door panel A pillar?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh!:banghead: Ive had another go today and realised i didnt have to run the vacuum hose part through the dash as its got a different part that the vacuum connects to, All i had to run through the dash was the power cables haha.

Cheers anyway guys.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I have got one of these to do at some point too... I need to know where i can tap in the Vacuum too... I know you can drill and tap the inlet for the most accurate reading but im not keep on putting a hole in my manifold.... The instruction say to tap into a turbo vacuum pipe.... Any one know where i can find that......

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Come on Dave. You've had it a day. It should be done now
I know mate... Just like i said... Not 100% where to get the vacuum reading from.... I cant bring my self to drill a hole in my inlet manifold.... :sus:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive gone into the pipe from the actuator, Its not a very good reading though but that could be because my gauge reads BAR, probably be a better reading in psi or something. I will take a picture of where i connected and post it up later for you all.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all,

Ive changed my method now lol, i've gone the same route as the link above, much better reading!

When the vacuum was connected to the actuator it would read -0.5 when idleing and boost to just above 0 :(

Now the vacuum is connected to the boost pipe elbow im getting a reading if 1.7 bar!

I'd say its better to follow the above link for a accurate reading!

Cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
pretty sure the actuator is vaccum controled via a solenoid valve so you wont see boost there, its just actuating the vnt mechanism.
also an easy place to drill and tap for manifold boost would be the egr valve once removed to clean etc,as long as you tap the egr body on the manifold side of the valve.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
The digital will not work right as they are designed for Petrol, you need a vaccume gauge like wht me and Dave fitted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts