Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my astra cdti 150 is only doing 35mpg now this is low compared to the vectra i had same engine 43mpg, any help appreciated guys. o hello btw im a newbie will post some pics of my car later

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have you checked this against actual miles to a tank? Computer could be off? Other then that I would check common issues like clogged egr, boost valve and check swirl flaps. Not sure how much these would effect mpg tho?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I only get 35mpg out of mine which is the same as my mates 1.8 sri. Dno if theres something wrong or thats just what it gets.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
A few things you can do.

Check for fault codes using the pedal test.

Chean the egr valve.

Here

Clean the boost sensor.

Here

You should see 40mpg on the trip minimum depending on what sort of driving you do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I might try the EGR deep clean minus the drilling a hole part see if it gets any better. If i have any success i will let you know.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
From what ive heard, no in a word. Goes even lower if you really give it the beans.
hmmmm, I average 55mpg motorways and low 40's urban!

Is THAT good?

Also, are Heinz Beans better than say Crosse & Blackwell?

Can't see Netto's 'La Campagna' beans being any good though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hmmmm, I average 55mpg motorways and low 40's urban!

Is THAT good?

Also, are Heinz Beans better than say Crosse & Blackwell?

Can't see Netto's 'La Campagna' beans being any good though.
Now that is good, would be thrilled to achieve that sort of milage. And it has to be heinz hands down!

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
50 and above for motorway journery's is good.

Town driving is roughly 40 - 44.

All depends on how you drive of course.

The heavier your right foot, the lower the mpg figure.

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
30 in your VXR, you not thought about using the loud pedal Mike?
That's the thing i do :lol: although most of the time I just cruse along, I know I got a beast of a car I don't need to prove it :lol: would like to know why my temp has gone and been replaced by an F

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
You're a show-er not a go-er then! :rofl:

Is the F for ******* Freezing?
I'm a little bit of both :lol: cruseing along windows down music playin sunglasses on enjoying a smoke, then sometimes it's foot down strap yourself in and feel the G'sssss

1 - 20 of 42 Posts