Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month i sold my 1.9cdti sri to my mate, he mentioned yesterday that the battery light came on, he said every time he stopped and then restarted the car, the light went off, but if he hit a bump it came back on. Today he was driving down the road and the car cut out, now it wont start and the ignition lights wont come on, the screen for the sat nav aparently 'goes mad', any ideas? its keyless entry and start if that help! thanks guys...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its looking more and more likely that that is the case, now all i need to know is when they plug it in at vaux, will they know its remapped? :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much guys, he's dropped it off at vauxhall and is leaving it with them til monday! how typical, thats what you get for selling to your mates tho eh? lol!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Definately sounds like an alternator issue, surely he would have noticed it getting harder to start at least?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Definately sounds like an alternator issue, surely he would have noticed it getting harder to start at least?
I never, light just came on and stayed on, no difference to starting, just power steering went after a while as i put into the garage to get fixed. Probably would have been dodgy to start after that

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
it is the alternator mine went after 105600 miles cost me 200 for a new alternator as a re-con came to about 150 odd. It is about 40 pound labour charge or its free if you decide to fit it yourself here is some advice do not lose the washers that they give you as they will ensure a proper connection

1 - 9 of 9 Posts