Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A car keeps appearing on my radar which has the spec I want but has an automatic gearbox instead of the usual 6-speed M32. I'm fairly clued up on the M32 and its problems but I know absolutely nothing about the auto box and nor have I ever driven one. Do any of you guys know anything about them? It's a 2008 1.9 120hp model.

I would like to know:

1. what they're like to live with; how well they drive etc?
2. what is their model number for further research? (I've read AF40 but not sure if this is just the Vectra or the Astra as well)
3. general reliability of them/known issues etc? (car has done nearly 100k but ad states gearbox oil has been changed every 10k in his ownership)
4. average mpg vs. manual 6-speed?
5. is 150-160ish hp still the limit for a remap with them or can the autos be remapped further without risking destroying stuff?
6. will this model have a DPF?

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
Hi,

A car keeps appearing on my radar which has the spec I want but has an automatic gearbox instead of the usual 6-speed M32. I'm fairly clued up on the M32 and its problems but I know absolutely nothing about the auto box and nor have I ever driven one. Do any of you guys know anything about them? It's a 2008 1.9 120hp model.

I would like to know:

1. what they're like to live with; how well they drive etc?
2. what is their model number for further research? (I've read AF40 but not sure if this is just the Vectra or the Astra as well)
3. general reliability of them/known issues etc? (car has done nearly 100k but ad states gearbox oil has been changed every 10k in his ownership)
4. average mpg vs. manual 6-speed?
5. is 150-160ish hp still the limit for a remap with them or can the autos be remapped further without risking destroying stuff?
6. will this model have a DPF?

1, 2, can't comment since i've never driven a H auto.
3. Not heard many issues with the auto box, other than the usual wear and tear of the clutch if its a easytronic box.
4. avg mph for the 6spd is on papaer 48 combined, but in the rear world you talking 44-46, with the auto your prob looking at high 30's low 40's.
5. the 1.9cdti - as i found out earlier - is going to be an 8v unit with it being a 2008, the older models came with a 16v unit but had to have the 120 map because of the auto box, so you'll have 120 anyway, remap wise not really sure what with it being an auto how it would take to being mapped since i reckon they would be fairly sensitive to the extra power/torque.
6. all auto diesel H's have a DPF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts