Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just trying to diagnose an issue with my J 1.6T 180bhp.

Driving home today and the car would rev itself to 1300rpm and back to idle over and over when the clutch was pressed down coming to a stop. Its done this before but not as frequently as now. Also seems to stutter with no power around 1500rpm unless I ride the clutch.

When I pulled up I popped the bonnet and it was hissing loud from the coil pack area and it took about 10 seconds to stop after turning engine off. Pulling the dipstick out releases the pressure(?) out of there instead.

I've taken the coil pack off, cleaned the seals etc and wasn't hissing until I revved the engine a little.

Getting a P0171 Too Lean on Bank 1 but no EML.

Sorry for the long post any help appreciated.

Screenshot_20210422-193416_Video Player.jpg

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It is more than likely the pcv in the camshaft cover, the round bit to the right of your orange circle. Usually needs a new camshaft cover.
It is a vacuum valve and the membrane deteriorates over time.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's perfect, exactly the same issue and the vacuum is from the hole same as the video! Ordered that part so thanks for your advice hopefully all goes well and problem is sorted.

Thanks to the others as well, I will clean sensors etc when I replace the rocker cover can't do any harm!

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's perfect, exactly the same issue and the vacuum is from the hole same as the video! Ordered that part so thanks for your advice hopefully all goes well and problem is sorted.

Thanks to the others as well, I will clean sensors etc when I replace the rocker cover can't do any harm!
No problem! I took it you ordered the one I linked?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem! I took it you ordered the one I linked?
Yes I did thank you, got a quote from CES for one about £100 and wasn't sure if like you said might be Chinese crap so £75 for a genuine one seems fair!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Unfortunately just got a refund from them as they are out of stock.. anywhere else you have seen the genuine ones?
Next best alternative is

There is also this one. If you ask him for pictures of it front and back and post them here I can confirm if it is indeed genuine or a chinese copy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will probably order the genuine one you posted but I have seen this on GSF says oem part, seems like I'd probably need the gasket separate which is £19

·
Registered
284 Posts
Will probably order the genuine one you posted but I have seen this on GSF says oem part, seems like I'd probably need the gasket separate which is £19

Last time I checked with GSF when I was looking they said it was out of stock. If it in stock go for it as it should include the gasket. They do take their time on delivery though.. The GSF is genuine too. If you email them they should confirm to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last time I checked with GSF when I was looking they said it was out of stock. If it in stock go for it as it should include the gasket. They do take their time on delivery though.. The GSF is genuine too. If you email them they should confirm to you.
It says in stock for delivery but no local stores. I've just emailed them so hopefully they get back soon, just want to get it sorted now thought I was on to a winner earlier! Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
284 Posts
It says in stock for delivery but no local stores. I've just emailed them so hopefully they get back soon, just want to get it sorted now thought I was on to a winner earlier! Thanks again for your help
No problem! Go for the ebay one if you want it quickly! Is a fairly eaay thing to do just make sure you take it for a drive before to get bolts warmed up reducing risk of them snapping.

Message the other ebay seller too and can confirm for you if its genuine from the picture

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No problem! Go for the ebay one if you want it quickly! Is a fairly eaay thing to do just make sure you take it for a drive before to get bolts warmed up reducing risk of them snapping.

Message the other ebay seller too and can confirm for you if its genuine from the picture
I've just gone ahead and ordered the genuine ebay one as I want to get it ASAP, will definitely warm up the car, don't want any snapped bolts in my life haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rocker cover replaced! Seems to have done the job and drives good now, aside from the clunky and jerky gearbox in these things 🙄 thanks for your help @_mocool_

1 - 17 of 17 Posts