Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

i have a 1.4 astra h 3 door i wanted to no what i can do to make the engine faster or if anyone could help me with an engine conversion as i am new to this also i am only 19 so cant get insured on a 1.8 or vxr lol ive in south east london many thanks mani !!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You'll have a job insuring it with an engine conversion. Save up, build NCB then get a more powerful car. You won't get much more bhp without wasting lots of money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hi Nimraynn i live in south west lol (berkshire) slough thats true but what about if i had a 1.6 engin would that make any difference ?
:dontknow:

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
The 1.6 isn't a bad engine. I had one for two years, but I still wouldn't want to look down the conversion route. It'll be cheaper to buy the car with it already fitted, but also it'll work out cheaper on insurance as it isn't "modified". As soon as you change the engine, that's a major modification and a lot of insurers at your age will not like minor modifications, let alone a major one...

Maybe give it another year or so and see how insurance goes? You may find it becomes a lot more affordable once you have another year or so experience and no claims under your belt (Y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts