Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and seem to be having difficulty finding a thread on this issue so please excuse me if this is a repeat thread.

I was travelling down the motorway at 70 and all of a sudden the car slowly lost power. I put my foot down to compensate but still it kept loosing power. There was no illumination of any lights on the dash at all.

I pulled onto the hard shoulder and the car idled fine. I turned it off, waited a few seconds then started the engine again. There were no misfires or any popping but when I put my foot on the accelerator the revs picked up slowly.

The breakdown people brought me the 200 miles home and when I tried the car outside my house, it's back to normal! Drives like normal etc..

Anyone any ideas please?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I bought the car on june the 1st but I had to reset the service light myself. I spoke to the garage where I got it from a few days after and asked if it had been serviced. He told me it was in his book to be serviced but not ticked off. Yet he was 'sure' it had. So , end of May I'd say.. it's done 10k since (as I'm using it as a private hire vehicle).

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
have you been able to get any fault codes from the car via code reader of by doing the following,

foot depressed on throttle and brake (do not release)
key into the ignition
turn to possition 2 so the lights are on the dash
look at the mls display and wait for it to change
the following will be displayed

ECN0000000 if there is no fault codes or eg, ECN04005a if there is a code, if there is more than one code it will flash through them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for telling me how to do this! There are two codes stored.. 1st one is ECN 161450 and the 2nd is ECN 119103?

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
P1191 Fuel Metering Solenoid Valve Circuit Range/Performance B-048
P1191 Rail Pressure Range/Performance B-049
P1191 Rail Pressure Low Pressure B-049

P1614 Wrong Transponder Key Immobiliser B-006
P1614 Immobiliser Wrong Signal Received Immobiliser B-008

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How would I find that out?
It's interesting about the transponder/immobiliser code. Sometimes the spanner light flashes and the engine will not turn unless I take the key out, turn it around and put it back in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts