Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have just purchased a 07 twin top . The problem I have is with the roof , when I press the switch to open , the windows go down slightly and then I hear a noise like a motor operating but nothing else happens any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello I had one of these and my issue was the gear in the flaps or it could be a broken wires in the left side in the boot it's the cable that is attached to the left hinge hope this helps and good luck it's a common fault on these I also have a number for a guy that repairs them if you are local to him in banbury

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello I had one of these and my issue was the gear in the flaps or it could be a broken wires in the left side in the boot it's the cable that is attached to the left hinge hope this helps and good luck it's a common fault on these I also have a number for a guy that repairs them if you are local to him in banbury

I shall check it out , thanks for the info

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your cables on the left should be ok then but still check them but I'm putting my money on the little parcel shelf flaps as slot of people upgrade the astra TwinTop Roof Parcel Shelf Winglet Flap Motor Brass Gears CNC

If i was you i would find some one with an OP-com or where abouts do you live may i ask as i do have an OP-com and can scan it for you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your cables on the left should be ok then but still check them but I'm putting my money on the little parcel shelf flaps as slot of people upgrade the astra TwinTop Roof Parcel Shelf Winglet Flap Motor Brass Gears CNC

If i was you i would find some one with an OP-com or where abouts do you live may i ask as i do have an OP-com and can scan it for you?

Thanks for that , I'm a bit far away , in Australia

1 - 9 of 9 Posts