Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice from anyone kind enough to offer.

The Car
  • 2005 Astra H 1.7 engine code(?) is Z17DTL
The problem:
  • The engine starts and ticks over for a few seconds at normal idle rpm.
  • Whilst still stationary, the revs then drop slightly at which point the engine either stalls or the revs pick back up to normal idle speed after a second or two.
  • After restarting the engine (if necessary) and driving away, the car is fine – no further issues until the engine’s stopped and it comes to starting it again.
  • I did get a warning light on one occasion and after doing the pedal test it was ECN 0002 75 - 'rail pressure control range/performance' or 'fuel meter solenoid valve circuit range/performance'
I've since had the car to a Vaux dealer who say they've ran diagnostics. They're recommending replacing the fuel filter, doing a fuel treatment and replacing the fuel solenoid valve for a grand total of £358. It's also been suggested to me that this could possibly be a faulty 'camshaft position sensor'.

I'm at a loss as to what to do - I was looking to replace the car next year so don't want to invest small fortune however I need my car to get to work and ferry my family around.

Any advice on how to proceed or any other theories on what may be at fault would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Replace the valve at a small garage and you'll be better off for money. It doesn't need this clean they are going on about, it needs a thrash
If you need the car then do it. No point in breaking something else because of it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just had a conversation with someone who thinks it sounds like a fuel supply problem, maybe stalling when then pressure drops but then once the pump build the pressure back up it's fine.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Fuel filter £3 diy, you only need 1 torx driver

Fuel treatment/injector cleaner cost you around £15, stick it into a full tank & dont fill up until its empty.

Start with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So: Had the filter changed and the treatment done yesterday morning, wasn't really a test starting it after work yesterday since it hadn't really sat for long with it being picked up, dropped off etc. but it was fine yesterday afternoon nonetheless.

Left it overnight and started it this morning - started fine, no drop in revs and idled at normal speed.

Certainly not counting my chickens and I'll keep a close eye on it over the next few days/weeks but it looks promising at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts