Send New Message
Mark Forums Read
View Forum Leaders
Top 5 Stats
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the
by clicking the link above. You may have to
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.
Astra Owners Network Forum Rules
AON likes to be a friendly forum and also one that can be frequented by all family members. Please read the rules and be aware of them. By joining Astra Owners Network (AON) you agree to adhere to these rules. The rules are subject to change.
Staff members can be identified by their username colour and title.
are in red,
are in blue,
are in green and
are in purple. Staff have permissions to moderate in their respective section(s).
Club Admin -
Forum Admin –
Vauxhall Specialist -
• AON is quite strict on who should and should not deal through their pages. If you run a business, please do not register your username as a business name. If AON decide that you are trying to advertise a business underhandedly then they reserve the right to request you change the username or change it for you without prior notice.
• All staff members will attempt to keep any offensive and questionable messages off the forum, but AON cannot be responsible for message content. All posts express the views of the author. AON accept no responsibility for the views expressed within this forum by the authors/members. If you do read something you do not like, use the ‘Report Post’ button and a member of staff will look into the problem.
• AON may remove, edit, move, or close topics they feel do not follow the rules.
• All posts should be written in English. Any posts found not to be understandable due to the language it's written in, will be editted/deleted
•AON is not responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained on the forum.
•Only one account is allowed per member. Multiple accounts, if found, will be deleted and your primary account me also be removed/suspended for a period of time seen fit by the staff members.
•This is a family frequented forum, please think about this when choosing user names, avatars, or posting images, and do not attempt to bypass the swear filter. If you do post something, which you feel may cause offense, please post an ‘18’ certificate warning on the started thread and/or a NSFW (Not safe for work) label on it.
•Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes: "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything".
•Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will have their behavior investigated with a look to either restricting or banning them from the forum. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice. Our decision is always final in these matters.
•If you break the rules in any way then you may be dealt with accordingly. This can range from a suspension for a number of days to an instant ban. If you repeatedly break the same rule your account will be at risk of a permanent ban.
•Posting of copyright material and links to pirate software is strictly forbidden and will be removed without notice.
•Blatant spamming of threads is not allowed and any such posts will be removed without notice, please also keep on topic.
•Please make sure you have permission to show somebody's number plates in photographs posted on the forum.
•Please keep threads on topic. We reserve the right to close Threads that go off topic or remove posts to keep the thread on topic.
•Private Messages are just that, Private. Unauthorised posting of Private Messages on the open forum will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with a Private Message, report it using the report function. Any member posting unauthorised Private Messages on the open forum will be dealt with as seen fit. This may result in restriction of forum use and/or a temporary/permanent ban from the forum.
• Any post or thread may be removed at staffs discretion without informing the post / thread author of the reason. We simply do not have the time to pm every member whose post we choose to moderate! If you have a query contact a
• Deliberately reposting/editing your thread/post after it has been deleted/edited, will result in an infraction or ban.
• All new members will require any posts that include links or images, to be approved by a
before the posts / thread will be visible on the forum. Please be patient with this. Any duplicate posts / threads will be deleted without notifying the member.
accept no responsibility for any information that is posted by members that could result in legal action against that member.
• Any Defamatory Comments made are those of the post writer and not of the Forum owners or Administration team. We will accept no responsibility for any defamatory comments made by members that could result in legal action against that member.
are forum sponsors and we accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions or disagreements that may occur, these must be dealt with directly with that company.
• We accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions or work carried out by Forum sponsors
• AON accept no responsibility, legal or otherwise for comments posted on the forum. Any member who deems any content to be libel should contact an
and draw his/her attention to the offending post.
• Any Posts deemed to be slanderous/libelous will be removed, in a timely manner, by the staff.
• No advertising or selling of any kind allowed in the forums apart from the classified sections. Only
are allowed to sell on AON, Any direct links or referrals to eBay may be posted in the eBay/internet bargain forum but
may not post links to their own ‘For Sale’ pages. Links to your own eBay items or other sources are not permitted under any circumstances, unless you are a
and could result in a ban. If you are interested in advertising, contact
. Your signature/avatar/profile/username is not a place to advertise your business, website, forum, etc. Anything considered to be advertising or "spam" will be removed without notice.
• "How much is this worth" type threads which could easily lead to a sale by
; Whilst we will try and help, as soon as some answers are received, the original content will be deleted but the answers kept for the originator of the thread.
• Whilst we do not mind users mentioning other forums, blatant advertising or repeated bumping of posts with a web address within will not be tolerated.
• Advertising Commercial Link backs will be removed if deemed advertising (without notice) and is at the discretion of the
• Do not use the private messaging facility as a means to sell. This will be deemed as advertising and could result in a ban.
Buying & Selling
• To gain access to the classified sections members will need to have a minimum post count of 50.
• The AON classifieds are to be used by private individuals to buy and sell their own personal property.
• A picture of the item/items for sale must be shown and must clearly display your forum username and date in the same frame/frames.
• We strongly recommend not using PayPal gift if the seller is not known to you. By using PayPal gift you do not get any of the PayPal Protection (https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/mpp/buyer-protection) The same also applies by using bank transfer. There is no protection for you as a buyer.
• Buying and selling to make a profit is strictly prohibited.
only, are allowed to sell and post ‘Wanted’ threads.
are only allowed to buy.
• The selling of firearms including air rifles, or air pistols is strictly prohibited.
• Users found being fraudulent to other members OR failing to reach a timely resolution to any problems with a transaction will receive a lifelong forum ban. The details of the users will also be passed on to related forums.
• Permission must always be sought from
before commencing a Group Buy. If what you propose to buy clashes with what an
sells then it is unlikely you will be given permission. Group Buys will only be advertised in the Club Members lounge
• A Personal Sale includes used items and may include the odd new item but should not contain multiples of a new item. This will be classed as ‘trading’ and will require you to purchase the correct level of forum permission.
• The Price must be clearly outlined at the start of the post. The price is entirely up to the thread starter and if you do not agree with the price – then simply do not pay it! All dealings are to be done on the thread and no private messages. All offers are then visible and nothing 'underhand' will go on.
• If you have a problem with a transaction or the thread goes ‘off topic’ please contact a staff member for advice.
• No firearms / weapons/ alcohol/ tobacco or fake goods should be traded on this site.
• Multiple products are not allowed unless authorized by an
• For items of high value and/or product types that are prone to counterfeiting, it is reasonable that the prospective buyer/s may request some form of proof of purchase/ownership if it is to be posted. As a seller, if you do not have this proof (for example if you didn't buy the item/s new yourself), then it may be advisable not to sell that item, or restrict to collection only. Buyers need to use sound judgment for sales of this kind, as AON cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of any item offered for sale in 'Personal Sales'.
• If members are searching for a swap, a true value must be applied to their item. No ‘For forum rules £10000000’.
• AON now has a feedback system, much like the system used on eBay. This allows members to leave feedback about other members they have dealt with through it
• These members can trade in multiple new (and used!) products as they see fit on the forum. However any 'promotion of products' is to be kept to their individual section. Links to websites are allowed in their profiles and signatures. A trader (after contacting a member of the Mod/Admin team) can start a Group Buy on a product that they sell should they wish.
• To those who wish to become an
by private message (pm).
• Traders MUST NOT do anything to members cars that is breaking the law. This includes things like clocking the mileage on customers cars. Clocks, if bought 2nd hand, may be adjusted to match the correct mileage of the car. Any trader found doing work that could compromise the owner of the vehicle or damage the reputation of AON will face a lifetime ban off the forum.
Signatures and Avatars
(25 posts or more) or
are allowed a signature, please read the rules below before applying one to your account.
• Three lines of text. Blank lines are counted as a line.
• Maximum font size of 3
are allowed 1 static image, which cannot be larger than 400x100, and file size cannot be larger than 40kb.
are allowed 1 animated with a maximum of 4 frames, and no flashing lights.
• The signatures Images MUST NOT be larger than 400x100.
• The file size cannot be larger than 40kb unless 3rd party hosting is used. i.e. Photobucket.
• ALL Signatures will be removed if they are over these limits in any area or contain offensive words/comments to anything club related or member related.
• If you find your signature has been removed a pm WILL be sent to you from one of the team, If you don’t seem to have received one the please contact the Admin team to chase this up.
• Lines must be of reasonable length so they don't wrap on most screens (think 800px browser window width).
Break the rules…
Members that violate these rules may be given an infraction, suspended or banned. While the rules above cover the majority of situations, every event cannot have a specific rule, consequently the Admin and Moderation team reserve the right to take any actions they deem appropriate to ensure the forum runs smoothly and the forum or it’s members are not abused in any way.
Infractions - What are they?
• Basically it is a 2 strikes and you're out system put into place that covers all members.
• The vast majority of the time, the Mods and Admins do very little moderation and/or banning and this is how we intend for it to stay.
• The infractions system has been brought in to cover the very few members who contribute nothing but drivel, or break the rules.
This is how it works...
• If a member breaks a rule an infraction may be issued, infractions issued carry a points value (typically 5 points per infraction)
• Each member to gain 10 infraction points is issued a 30-day ban.
• All points are valid for 12 months, a bit like points on a driving licence.
• After a 30 day ban if this member steps out of line again and gains another 5 points, giving them a 15 point total, they will be issued with a 3 months ban.
• Again if the come back and step out of line and then gain another 5 points, giving a total of 20 then they will earn a permanent ban.
• The infraction system will be used if members are offensive to other members, or use offensive language, as these are the 2 main areas of focus during moderation.
• If you are unlucky enough to receive an INFRACTION warning you will receive a pm from the Admin member who issues it, giving you their reasons.
• If you feel that this warning has been given unfairly then I would ask you to contact myself a.s.a.p, and I will look into this. My decision is final.
I would also like to take this chance to remind members about the "report post" button, if you see a post that you feel should not be on the forum then use this button and one of the team will deal with it.
By joining the site you agree to adhere to the above rules.
For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!
I have read, and agree to abide by the Astra Owners Network Forum | MK1 - MK6 | VXR | T8 | T9 | Zafira | Astra Van rules.
-- AON - Dark
-- AON - Light
-- AON - VXR
-- AON - Arden
-- AON - Triple 8
Astra Owners Network
Terms of Service
All times are GMT. The time now is
Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2005-2012 - AstraOwnersNetwork.co.uk