: p2279 intake air system leak. egr?

kris31uk
10-12-2009, 21:12
hi all

the fookin car went **** up yet again tonight had serious lack of power then the eml light came on. did the pedal test and got the ecn 227956 code

this is the 2nd time the egr valves been off and cleaned ( not very thoroughly mind u its the rac who did it twice

i'm 90% sure its egr but could it be anything else besides?

3 weeks ago just before my warranty ran out i had the swirl solenoid problem and the stealers changed the inlet manifold so i'm pretty sure its not that but could be wrong

still had lack of power after it was cleaned until i got on the motorway and realy gave it some stick ( part anger part hoping it would blast away some carbon) then it seemed to gradualy pick up power now it seems its almost back to normal.

shall i just buy a new egr valve or would a thorough proper clean benefit me? its probably done 300 miles since the first time it was took off and cleaned out which makes me wonder its actualy on the way out

best regards

kris

Steve1719
10-12-2009, 22:16
I had the same problem mate. Went down your avenue of trying everything you have but as my car was under warranty i got the egr valve sorted and have never had a problem since. Fault 'limp mode' was fixed immediately

kris31uk
11-12-2009, 16:47
hi bud

yes ordered a new egr from lookers vauxhall in blackburn 95 quid all in, but the owner there is a smashing bloke its where i bought my complete xp kit fully painted for 675 which aint bad

lookers vauxhall at star city birmingham on the other hand wanted 135+vat for the same part robbing *******s

guys do you think the engine management light will come back on after its fitted (rac deleted it last night so at the moment its off)

thanks for the help and replys its much apriciated to get some extra knowledge before hand

best regards
kris
<!-- / message -->

Spam the Lamb
11-12-2009, 16:57
If its a new egr then no

kris31uk
11-12-2009, 17:57
If its a new egr then no

hi dan

sorry m8 i didnt mension that i'm fitting it myself

Spam the Lamb
11-12-2009, 18:02
Doesnt matter as long as the new egr doesnt break then the code shouldnt come back up

Scrooge
11-12-2009, 18:04
2279 only appears if its jamming