: I asked a Policeman about Blue Angel Eyes, LEGAL but comes at a price

Sumitgood
18-12-2008, 16:32
He said that the blue angel eyes are EU'd or something and are legal although he said if a person tries to impersonate a police car by using them (i guess that means turning head lights off and flashing the blue LED's) then you'll get fined for impersonation of the police, so it still a gray area to their use, he also added that the car itself will be smashed in by youths believing the car to be a police car (that's retarded if you ask me).

Should I or should I not get them, that is the question! HMM

steve172
18-12-2008, 16:47
I thought angel eyes were generally sought after by said youths to chav up their motors? Why would they smash it up?

I was under the impression angel eyes themselves would be legal as you can use them with normal halogen lamps, yes? Its the HID lamps that are the grey area...?

Sumitgood
18-12-2008, 17:14
I thought angel eyes were generally sought after by said youths to chav up their motors? Why would they smash it up?

I was under the impression angel eyes themselves would be legal as you can use them with normal halogen lamps, yes? Its the HID lamps that are the grey area...?

Fair point so the HID's emit a blue glow as a lamp? rather then the LED circle that goes around a standard halogen in angel eyes (making that legal)?

ZS
18-12-2008, 17:16
The luck you have with the cops, I wouldn't bother.

Sumitgood
18-12-2008, 17:51

True i gotta fit them rear headlights which should arrive tomorrow saturday first :)

hutch750
18-12-2008, 18:44

correct, the angel eyes in blue are not a problem at all it's the hid lamps that are the 'grey area' if the car has not projectors to make sure the light is distributed properly then it is an mot failure.

Huggies
18-12-2008, 19:06

What he said:|

Hymn-raynn
18-12-2008, 19:08
I'm not too sure I like the blue angel eyes anyway... Coloured head lights look a bit chav to me.

Don't mind a little bit of a blue tint to things like HIDs... but blue lights in general? Just a no from me...

elation
19-12-2008, 23:14
Construction and Use (The Big Book Of Rules the Police Use), says you can only show white or orange light to the front, yellow to the sides, and red white or yellow to the back. Anything else is illegal. The only problem is that new LED and HID tech is causing the 'white' bit to become a bit less black and white. No pun intended.