: Have i bought the worst astra cdti sri 150

parkster
21-07-2008, 12:54
Since buying my sportshatch in Nov last year i have had loads of problems.....All fixed with warranty thank ****....
1.Replaced timing belt kit
2.inlet manifold gasket replaced
3.E.G.R valve replaced (waited 7 weeks for part)
4.Alternator replaced
5.Boost control valve replaced
6.oil leaks fixed
7.computer reprogrammed
8.Turbo replaced
9.intercooler system replaced

and my management light is still coming on when drivin above 80mph
Can anyone beat this for problems...

HERC
21-07-2008, 12:58
Thats a big list of faults,

but in all fairness, if your managment light comes on if you drive over 80mph, you should never see it :P:P

sri 150
21-07-2008, 13:00
Can't beat it but I've had two problems you haven't (and might want to look forward to :lol:)

Starter motor, replaced under warranty.

A/C condenser rerplaced (not under warranty, a recent failure). Tried the ac in summer - remember the day? and not cool, fan had become loose and wore into the matrix resulting in a loss of charge :'(

parkster
21-07-2008, 13:04
I ave read on this forum that the swirls are a common fault hope they go soon as i only have 2 months manufactures warranty left...

Reckoning
21-07-2008, 13:44
If you're driving over 80mph then you deserve all those problems IMO.

smcqis
21-07-2008, 13:49
if ur driving a 150 those faults tend to occur when u drive at normal sensible speeds (well not all of them) ive had egr and inlet manifolds replaced in year an half ive had it. warranty is out now jus praying dont get many more problems, wel the way top look at it is if they now replaced they shouldnt fail again anytime soon, fingers crossed for ya (and me)

KevC
21-07-2008, 13:57
i've had my climate control/air con condenser changed under warranty too, and am having a NSF caliper piston seal done tomorrow. they're the only faults in 18 months of my ownership though, and car's 2 years old now

ttcorsa
21-07-2008, 15:07
hopefully i wont get no faults with mine going to test drive it tomorow fingers crossed

Scott
21-07-2008, 15:28

Well arn't you a cóck... :roll:

eXceed
21-07-2008, 16:02
As above :sus:

tezzyclayt
21-07-2008, 16:15
Reckoning, that if your car could reach 80mph you would, you know you would, suits you sir. CDTI doing 80mph on tickover in 6th hard to stop it going over 80mph. oooh im a bad boy. I deserve so much punishment give it too me big boy lol

Matt_C
21-07-2008, 16:30
Why does he deserve to have all those problems? He could have been on a track, autobahn or a private road / runway.....

You are a complete **** and with an attitude like that YOU DESERVE TO HAVE THOSE PROBLEMS and I hope that you do providing that your warranty has expired!

Now for a constructive comment........

Have you wrote to Vauxhall to express your disappointment? If they are not prepared to offer assistance I would write to them again reminding them or the dealer that you bought it from of their obligations under the consumer goods act:

1. Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

2. Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

Parksey SRI
21-07-2008, 16:34
Reckoning, that if your car could reach 80mph you would, you know you would, suits you sir. CDTI doing 80mph on tickover in 6th hard to stop it going over 80mph. oooh im a bad boy. I deserve so much punishment give it too me big boy lol

:rofl: :rofl: well said

Reckoning
21-07-2008, 16:40
I just didnt think it was the most clever thing in the world to say, there's no need to start crying lads :lol:

Oh and it hardly sounded accidental or on a track to me..

Chill.

Parksey SRI
21-07-2008, 16:47
I just didnt think it was the most clever thing in the world to say, there's no need to start crying lads

Oh and it hardly sounded accidental or on a track to me..

Chill.

i didn't think your post #5 was the most clever thing to say......

it doesn't matter what the speed limit is! (well it does) but when it comes to a car fault (cars are supposed to go over 80mph u know) a car is built to go over 80 and if it doesn't then there is a fault

dcvxr
21-07-2008, 16:48
ive had a new steering rack and 7 cims replaced.. all in the first 9months of owning mine and only 4000 miles back in 2006..no problems since untill yest passenger window regulator has failed back to vauxhall then.

Reckoning
21-07-2008, 16:54
i didn't think your post #5 was the most clever thing to say......

it doesn't matter what the speed limit is! (well it does) but when it comes to a car fault (cars are supposed to go over 80mph u know) a car is built to go over 80 and if it doesn't then there is a fault

Possibly not, but it didnt sound right to me so I snap commented.

I hardly wished the worlds pain on the guy... just a bit more consideration with what he said.

Ill let my dealer know that when im having it in for warranty work that it doesnt feel right in excess of 80mph. :nah:

Parksey SRI
21-07-2008, 16:58
Ill let my dealer know that when im having it in for warranty work that it doesnt feel right in excess of 80mph.

once again this isn't laws, a car has a top speed.... if it doesn't reach it, its not a working product, even if the law permits it or not :(

Scott
21-07-2008, 17:21
Why does he deserve to have all those problems? He could have been on a track, autobahn or a private road / runway.....

You are a complete **** and with an attitude like that YOU DESERVE TO HAVE THOSE PROBLEMS and I hope that you do providing that your warranty has expired!

Now for a constructive comment........

Have you wrote to Vauxhall to express your disappointment? If they are not prepared to offer assistance I would write to them again reminding them or the dealer that you bought it from of their obligations under the consumer goods act:

1. Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

2. Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

Remind them that under these laws they have to be fit for purpose for 6 years or 5 years if in Scotland.

The car its self will not be clased as a single unit, but the other parts should be expected to last longer than they have.

AJA
21-07-2008, 17:32
I can beat that list hands down. My faults were on my 2004 Vec C 1.9 CDTi 150.

Right where do I start -

a. Multiple fuel injectors
b. Fuel Rail
c. Fuel Rail Harness
d. ECU
e. Swirl Valve
f. Manifold and Turbo
g. More Fuel Injectors
h. Swirl Valve was again faulty when I shipped it off to auction.

There's probably more I could add; I had that much trouble with my CDTi I now own two Petrol driven Vauxhalls and very much doubt I'll go back to a CDTi unless some of the parts get seriously upgraded.

Reckoning
21-07-2008, 17:35
once again this isn't laws, a car has a top speed.... if it doesn't reach it, its not a working product, even if the law permits it or not :(

:sus: I said it wouldn't be the best idea to be saying that, you're stating the obvious to me.

Apologies for the snappish comment Mr thread maker, but once again I didnt think it was the greatest thing to be saying, simple as that. (Y)

ZS
21-07-2008, 17:47
The CDTi isn't the world's most robust engine where the fiddly bits are concerned.

As above, I doubt I'll be getting another diesel Vauxhall, I've had two and both were reliable but ticking bombs.

With the price of diesel, and even considering the miles I do, I'd be better off with a petrol now...

parkster
21-07-2008, 17:58
i dont make a habit of driving over the speed limit but when overtaking other cars on the road like Reckoning who must be a sunday driver sometimes i have to admit i have slightly went over the limit this happens when the turbo kicks kicks in...and my light has came on...

Nicko_12345
21-07-2008, 19:04
I drive over 80mph most days, oh no lets call the police!

Parksey SRI
22-07-2008, 08:30
^^^ :rofl::rofl:

smcqis
22-07-2008, 08:53
80 is me taking it canny

Maverick
22-07-2008, 21:32
I can beat that list hands down. My faults were on my 2004 Vec C 1.9 CDTi 150.

Right where do I start -

a. Multiple fuel injectors
b. Fuel Rail
c. Fuel Rail Harness
d. ECU
e. Swirl Valve
f. Manifold and Turbo
g. More Fuel Injectors
h. Swirl Valve was again faulty when I shipped it off to auction.

There's probably more I could add; I had that much trouble with my CDTi I now own two Petrol driven Vauxhalls and very much doubt I'll go back to a CDTi unless some of the parts get seriously upgraded.

But how much 'could' that have related to the tuning work and other messing with the car?;)

Maverick
22-07-2008, 21:35
To be honest I have always prefered petrol but have diesel purely down to high mileage driving.

But in the past 4 years, I have had 3 brand new 1.9 CDTi 150's, being 2 Vectras and one Astra and have NEVER had ONE engine problem with any of them. A total mileage of about 130,000 miles between the three.

The Astra had it's first service today at just shy of 21000 miles and nothing to report so far.

AJA
22-07-2008, 21:49
But how much 'could' that have related to the tuning work and other messing with the car?;)

Fair enough, I tuned and played with my Vec more than most but come on Matt, I'm not the only one to get these problems and you know it dude. :)

There's car's out there that have never been tuned and get these problems. Go ask a Vx fitter what engine they hate working on and most will tell you the 1.9 CDTi as that's all they seem to get.

Oh crap, you've got me going - again! ;)