: locking from key fob on astra H

tommy060289
20-01-2008, 11:55
Hey ive got an 07 astra H and when I press the lock button on the key fob the car locks, making the locking sound and flashing its lights.

If I press lock second time I can here another locking sound. Is this a second locking mechanism or something that im activating or is it just the locks trying to lock again?

Cheers,

Tom

sriturbo
20-01-2008, 12:12
Its the dead lock locking.

SRi Turbo

trace sri
20-01-2008, 12:38
as above, But if you dead lock it anyone inside the car will not be able to get out..............not sure but if car has alarm does the dead locking button not switch on the alarm?????????????

steve carter
20-01-2008, 12:41
Ditto to above two posts, deffo deadlocking sound. And agree don't do it when people are in the car or they can't get out!

Trace sri - I'm pretty sure you don't have to deadlock to activate alarm, it does it on the first press.

airhead
20-01-2008, 13:26
Deadlocking is a strange feature, but very aptly named... :D

creamhackered
22-01-2008, 12:28
Is there anyway to make it automatically deadlock after you start the engine in the car or anything like that? I always have to press that annoying button so that people can't get in.

tommy060289
23-01-2008, 16:36
There probably is but vx deactivated after quality control issues with the locking motors as the auto locking feature wore them out too quickly.

Tom

airhead
24-01-2008, 12:03
Is there anyway to make it automatically deadlock after you start the engine in the car or anything like that? I always have to press that annoying button so that people can't get in.Deadlock is people in the car not getting out ;)

The Saturn will 100% come with auto-lock enabled, and the key only unlocks the driver door.

creamhackered
24-01-2008, 12:09
Oh sorry I meant autolock after you start the engine etc ;)

pseudo
24-01-2008, 21:53
Deadlocking is a strange feature, but very aptly named... :D

true (Y) its also very useful, for example if someone breaks your window in (hopefully that never happens) then they wont be able to open the door, therfore makoing it harder.

Is there anyway to make it automatically deadlock after you start the engine in the car or anything like that? I always have to press that annoying button so that people can't get in.

NO car would do this on all the doors. as this would probably be a serious safetly issue. for example, if in a crash and the driver got knocked out, the fire service wouldnt be able to get the driver out very easily as wen they opened the window, the door handle wouldnt work. theyd have to fiddle about trying to ind the unlock button.

but single door locking happens :thumbs:

pseudo
24-01-2008, 21:54
Oh sorry I meant autolock after you start the engine etc ;)

think im blind :sus: :lol:

didnt see this :lol:

biffa
25-01-2008, 19:12
Auto locking should be easy enough as it is on american cars, (definately chrysler voyagers and dodge intrepid). You dont need to unlock the door before getting out, it does it automatically when you open the door. All the doors lock automatically after you travel a certain distance.

pseudo
25-01-2008, 20:41
the doors do not lock automatically on all american cars. however when they are locked, only the driver (and in some cases the front passenger) can open the door withought having haveing to press the unlock button.

also, in amerca, the passenger has a lock button on there door also :D

biffa
26-01-2008, 00:18
i was not suggesting ALL american cars have this facility. I am saying that a dodge intrepid and a Chrysler voyager definately have this. The sliding doors on the voyager will open without having to unlock anything.

pseudo
26-01-2008, 00:40
Auto locking should be easy enough as it is on american cars, (definately chrysler voyagers and dodge intrepid). You dont need to unlock the door before getting out, it does it automatically when you open the door. All the doors lock automatically after you travel a certain distance.

the bold bit states american cars (interpreted as all) did this function. you then stated you werent sure, by putting in brackets "definately chrysler voyagers and dodge intrepid".

this is how i interpreted your post:thumbs:, didnt understand what you meant. im easily confused sometimes:lol:

the reason for cars auto-locking are to prevent hijacking (really needed in america :lol:)

tommy060289
26-01-2008, 10:41
my mg zr used to do it and they were never sent over the america as the k-series engine never met american regulations (like americans have standards for whats friendly to the environment). I thought it was an excellent feature as as soon as you started going above 5mph the doors locked and the boot would open and they would unlock upon turning off the engine.

Tom

airhead
26-01-2008, 11:22
One could also note that even though none of the PSA-groups vehicles are sold in Amerika, they come with autolocking. My explanation for this is if you need to go into the suburbs of Paris autolock could be useful :D

All current (mass-produced) vehicles sold in the US does come with autolock.

pseudo
26-01-2008, 20:07
One could also note that even though none of the PSA-groups vehicles are sold in Amerika, they come with autolocking. My explanation for this is if you need to go into the suburbs of Paris autolock could be useful :D

All current (mass-produced) vehicles sold in the US does come with autolock.

not too sure about that mate.

not 1 of the 6 cars we own in america has this function. one being the popular Cadilac Escalade and another being the Mazda 626 (dont think they do the 626 anymore :sus:)

we just had to lock the doors everytime we left :lol:

airhead
27-01-2008, 11:02
Alright you may be correct but to my defense I did say current :D
The 626 was replaced back in 2002 by the Mazda6.

tom_sxi120
14-02-2008, 10:07
NO car would do this on all the doors. as this would probably be a serious safetly issue. for example, if in a crash and the driver got knocked out, the fire service wouldnt be able to get the driver out very easily as wen they opened the window, the door handle wouldnt work. theyd have to fiddle about trying to ind the unlock button.

but single door locking happens :thumbs:

Erm, my Corsa d SXI (well EX corsa D) has the auto locking feature, everytime i get in and drive above 5mph it locks it self for anti-hijacking. Theres also no safety risk, as on any kind of big impact the car auto unlocks so safety crew can enter the car if needed. this is also the case if you drive into a river or lake for example....dont ask me how :P

Although the corsa is alot newer car than the Astra so that's probably why it dosent have it.

flier
14-02-2008, 14:39
With the Astra, you can get the car to auto lock (not auto dead lock) when the speed hits 8mph. Had this done on mine, was (apparently) a standard feature on the very early Astra 5 doors, which was disabled by Vauxhall. Can be re-enabled though.

creamhackered
14-02-2008, 16:51
With the Astra, you can get the car to auto lock (not auto dead lock) when the speed hits 8mph. Had this done on mine, was (apparently) a standard feature on the very early Astra 5 doors, which was disabled by Vauxhall. Can be re-enabled though.

According to my local garage it cannot simply be re-enabled with Tech2 etc

pseudo
14-02-2008, 17:28
Erm, my Corsa d SXI (well EX corsa D) has the auto locking feature, everytime i get in and drive above 5mph it locks it self for anti-hijacking. Theres also no safety risk, as on any kind of big impact the car auto unlocks so safety crew can enter the car if needed. this is also the case if you drive into a river or lake for example....dont ask me how :P

Although the corsa is alot newer car than the Astra so that's probably why it dosent have it.

are we both talking bout deadlocking?

i think you might be on about single locking (can open the doors from inside)

flier
15-02-2008, 13:06
According to my local garage it cannot simply be re-enabled with Tech2 etc

It's not Tech 2 that does it, someone on here did mine with a laptop. Tech 2 just doesn't have the options available to do this.

T-developments
16-02-2008, 15:18
door locking fuction on pull off can be found under "personalization" within tech 2

only ever seen a few that could'nt be programmed to do so.