: Comments About Superchips

istanbul
22-05-2013, 23:16
I want to do remap my car. I have some concerns about the costum firms and costum remapping. As a result of my search on the internet,just Superchips do brand remapping for Opel. Actually I can not find the Superchips users in Istanbul. I want to know your comments about Superchips for opel and astra.are there any users who remapped their car in Superchips ?
My car is Astra J 1.4T 140HP. And can you inform me about the guarantee etc. are they guaranteed anything about the engine or something like that?

thank you all

BigDov
22-05-2013, 23:27
can't comment on the superchips having never used them, but remapping your car will invalidate the opel/vauxhall warranty you have on the car, but only the parts effected by the remap, so basically everything under the bonnet, engine, turbo, clutch, gearbox etc etc, as far as i am aware superchips don't offer any sort of guarantee/warranty that covers the car, but thats the same with all hand held do it yourself remapping devices.

istanbul
22-05-2013, 23:51
My car is 2 years old :) so my guaranty finished.by the way is superchips brand of england ?

MollyGoogle
22-05-2013, 23:53
You only have a 2 year warranty? Yes, superchips is English

istanbul
22-05-2013, 23:57
You only have a 2 year warranty? Yes, superchips is English

yes,the standart warranty in Türkiye is 2 years.if you want more years you have to pay.

BigDov
23-05-2013, 00:14
wow you really get the short end of the stick, the uk gets the 5year/100000 mile warranty for the first owner, and I thought it was std all over Europe with opel as well.

Rapid
23-05-2013, 00:44
I would go with a DTUK box for the 1.4 Turbo.

Matty John
23-05-2013, 07:26
I would go with a DTUK box for the 1.4 Turbo.

+1
Highly rated company over here, especialy on this forum. Great customer suport and the owner used to run AON too and ofers discount to paying members

Nimraynn
23-05-2013, 08:14
wow you really get the short end of the stick, the uk gets the 5year/100000 mile warranty for the first owner, and I thought it was std all over Europe with opel as well.

I thought the J came with a 100,000 mile warranty with no time restriction? Or was that a limited time offer?

BigDov
23-05-2013, 11:32
May have been a limited time but pretty sire it wasn't an unlimited warranty.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Darkrain82
23-05-2013, 12:17
I want to do remap my car. I have some concerns about the costum firms and costum remapping. As a result of my search on the internet,just Superchips do brand remapping for Opel. Actually I can not find the Superchips users in Istanbul. I want to know your comments about Superchips for opel and astra.are there any users who remapped their car in Superchips ?
My car is Astra J 1.4T 140HP. And can you inform me about the guarantee etc. are they guaranteed anything about the engine or something like that?

thank you all

I have the same engine as you and I use a DTUK box, can't fault it

☆ Sent using tapatalk for Samsung Note II ☆

istanbul
23-05-2013, 19:01
in our country opel has 2 year warranty with no km limit. after 2 years if you want more warranty as i said before you have to pay.

as a result of my researchs no one prefer box in Turkiye.. I think you prefer boxes because of the 5 year warranty. but in turkiye we have 2 years for warranty. everybody says that a soft remapping better than those kinds of boxes. first i thought race chip box(race chip.de) but after the people's comments who are remapped their car i changed my mind.if i can not find positive feedbacks about Superchips,I will do custom remap.i guess it will be a soft software and we upgrade 140 to 155 and 200nm to 235-240.

but this is a well know fact,remapping better than boxes,for the engine and of course for the performance.

Darkrain82
23-05-2013, 19:09
in our country opel has 2 year warranty with no km limit. after 2 years if you want more warranty as i said before you have to pay.

as a result of my researchs no one prefer box in Turkiye.. I think you prefer boxes because of the 5 year warranty. but in turkiye we have 2 years for warranty. everybody says that a soft remapping better than those kinds of boxes. first i thought race chip box(race chip.de) but after the people's comments who are remapped their car i changed my mind.if i can not find positive feedbacks about Superchips,I will do custom remap.i guess it will be a soft software and we upgrade 140 to 155 and 200nm to 235-240.

but this is a well know fact,remapping better than boxes,for the engine and of course for the performance.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but with the aid of a DTUK box my car (1.4T 140bhp standard) rolled in from 140bhp to 164bhp and 200nm to 241nm. I don't doubt these figures could be reached quite easily with a remap, which is a route I am looking at doing some time next year (as the car gets older I get less worried about warranty) but I cannot say a bad thing about this box, it's served me very well so far

Nimraynn
23-05-2013, 19:11
May have been a limited time but pretty sire it wasn't an unlimited warranty.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

They definitely 100% ran a "Lifetime Warranty" offer. The only limitation was 100,000 miles.

Edit Here you go: http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners_services/warranty_assistance/vauxhall_lifetime_warranty.html

istanbul
02-08-2013, 03:11
so,no one tried superchips remaping in our forum?good or bad experiences :)

MollyGoogle
02-08-2013, 06:28
No, no one that I know has used superchips. Most people on this forum use Courtenay or Regal for mapping and DTUK for boxes

ArdenVXR............
02-08-2013, 08:21
Super chips have been around for many years. And used to be highly rated.

1 of the biggest vauxhall tuners in thorny Motorsport use them for all their maps.

Thorney Motorsport was affiliated with vauxhall and recommended by them for all tuning, I believe they still are.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

craigm9356
02-10-2013, 07:18
when i had my mini i had a superchips remap and i couldnt fault it, it opened the throttle 100% instead of the standard 75% you get with mini (probably 75% with all cars). i really noticed the chip working around 3500rpm when it pushed me back in my seat, they are really easy to install it took me about 5 minutes and i think they are worth the money if you dont want to go for a custom remap.

Ste_VXD
02-10-2013, 08:22
Find a reputable remappers that use a rolling road.

Im avoiding anything less than this, as my engine MUST be reliable when i have it remapped, modestly remapped il add.

GallaUK
05-10-2013, 17:18
I've got a Thorney/Superchips map on my car but it's a 1.9 CDTI so not much of a comparison. Great map though. (Y)

istanbul
07-10-2013, 11:45
I've got a Thorney/Superchips map on my car but it's a 1.9 CDTI so not much of a comparison. Great map though. (Y)

Hi,thank you for information.

Engines are different i know but can you give more information?
what about the performance :)

GallaUK
07-10-2013, 12:29
It transformed the car from standard. Performance is hugely improved. It's much easier to drive at low revs and economy hasn't been negatively affected despite the extra power.

JJ-YORKS
14-02-2014, 22:47
Ive used superchips on all my cars which now covers the last 20 years...I have recently just used the Superchips Bluefin on the 1.6 non turbo astra J and all I can say is that it is worth every penny + you have full support from a company that knows what they are doing...must admit I was very apprehensive about using the Bluefin as you flash the ecu yourself therefore I got a local stockist to guide me through it in their workshop but god knows why I bothered as it is really easy to do....