: Condensation in front light

wildcat45
25-10-2006, 09:46
Hi lads and lasses, I've got a little bit of condensation in the nearside front light necelle.

It's just a strip at the bottom edge of the unit....Noticed it a couple of times in the last few days....morning and night.

The lights are adaptive Xennons - I thought the whole unit would be sealed...

the car's 4k old.

It's not a major problem but I had a similar thing in two Volvo V40's, ignored it and the lights went rusty yellow round the edges which didn't look nice at all.

Shall I get the dealer to order me a new unit under warranty?

Any suggestions.

Dan

simon
25-10-2006, 10:47
What the dealer will do is leave the lamp on for 15 minutes and if it's still there they'll change it. Worth taking in, especially as they're so expensive!

SRI_bhoy
25-10-2006, 13:38
I get this in the normal headlamps ... is it a common problem :shock: ?! and is it really only a concern if you have the xennon units?!

apd
25-10-2006, 18:08
Yep as already said regular headlights steam up all the time

Vxr Jon
25-10-2006, 19:59
Got this on the VXR's Xenon headlights and it has happened so often that I now have very unsightly water marks/stains on the inside of the lenses and there is f*k all I can do about it - I can clean the outer lenses till the cows come home but it doesnt sway from the fact that once the lights are on in the dark you can see the marks and it looks crap - never had with with Xenons on the Focus that preceeded the VXR...not something that you would expect from a costly 750 extra :angry:

BLACK_VXR
25-10-2006, 20:05
Had 8 :o new Xenon headlights fitted to last astra coupe by VX, eventually offered a replacement car.....
They produced so much condensation inside they fused out.
Xenons are worse as they run hotter.

Vxr Jon
25-10-2006, 22:59
Had 8 :o new Xenon headlights fitted to last astra coupe by VX, eventually offered a replacement car.....

So they will replace the units? Is it worth asking Stu Harris about the likelihood of getting mine replaced then I wonder?

BLACK_VXR
26-10-2006, 00:54

So they will replace the units? Is it worth asking Stu Harris about the likelihood of getting mine replaced then I wonder?

Hi Jon - Well the difference with my units were that they actually stopped working altogether and I was getting stopped by the same police car each time they packed up.
But I didn't know of the venerable Mr Harris then!
As they say if you dont ask.....but seems permanently stained headlights on a new 20k Car on a 800 option doesn't feel right does it? :shock:

Have to say I didnt spec Xenons this time because I couldn't put up with the hassle again even tho HELLA assured me it was all sorted for the 'H'!

bikky
26-10-2006, 01:41
well, my xennons were fine last year, but first chilly night/day had this autumn and i noticed steamed lights on front, as well as rear, took foto of front, and that was after 1 1/2 hours driving with lights on..

MagPie
26-10-2006, 07:51
My parents have the standard head lights on their sport hatch and I've got the AFL, they both steam up, the rears do it also. Same on my Astra Coupe, it sucks big time and is the biggest let down on an otherwise spot on car. I know you can get problems on any make of car but it's just making me more determined to leave the Vauxhall brand when I decide to change, as Vxr Jon has said it was a 750 option and I don't think it's out of the question to expect the lights to not steam up and look a mess.

Nikko2
26-10-2006, 15:16
I have a new SRI150XP Estate (4k miles).

I noticed the other day that my headlights are all steamed up. Had not noticed the rears steaming up yet?

Is this something that the dealer will swap out under warranty then?

bikky
26-10-2006, 16:09
nikko, they prolly wont replace, as its a "feature"

pics of your estate please. i got estate but when i ordered xp wasn't available for it

Nikko2
01-11-2006, 17:08
Hi Bikky,

Will see if I can dig apic or two out. It is Moonland in colour with AFL MP3 and XP.

Looks pretty good for an estate and I am pleased to say that I have not seen another yet in my month of ownership. When I had an arden blue gsi I saw my clones everywhere ;)

bikky
01-11-2006, 17:25
nice, saw a silver sri estate xp 18's (by look of them fleeting glance) northbound on a1 this morning just north of darlington, looked sweet.

David
01-11-2006, 20:38
I get this in my rear lights :?

bikky
01-11-2006, 21:21
thats because you've got a vauxhall.....