: Astra 1.9 CDTi Gearbox problem :(

Andyy FTW
26-04-2012, 19:41
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with their astra. Its an 08 plate SRi thats done 52k, out of the blue yesterday it started 'kicking out' of third gear. All other gears are fine and the problem only seems to be with 3rd gear. Whenever I change into 3rd it will stay in gear for a while before kicking out into neutral.

The car is driveable and I've just been skipping third gear completely and there is no other issues.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue?

LADmachining
26-04-2012, 19:53
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with their astra. Its an 08 plate SRi thats done 52k, out of the blue yesterday it started 'kicking out' of third gear. All other gears are fine and the problem only seems to be with 3rd gear. Whenever I change into 3rd it will stay in gear for a while before kicking out into neutral.

The car is driveable and I've just been skipping third gear completely and there is no other issues.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue?

Lots of recent posts about gearbox problems on the 1.9. Does your gear lever move when the throttle is pressed/released, especially in 2nd and 6th gears? Any unusual noises?

Use search button plenty info. New clutch kit an flywheel needed i bet. There prone to them failing. Just ordered one for myself 2day cuz mine is away.

Why would a clutch or flywheel problem make it drop out of 3rd gear?

Cobray
26-04-2012, 20:04
Lots of recent posts about gearbox problems on the 1.9. Does your gear lever move when the throttle is pressed/released, especially in 2nd and 6th gears? Any unusual noises?

That was a guess that's why i said i bet. I never said i am a mechanic listen to me and get a flywheel and clutch. I am guessing it not then and something to do with gearbox then. :) Ill keep my amateur knowledge out of this :)

Andyy FTW
26-04-2012, 20:26

If I was to accelerate quickly it pops out of gear and shudders a tad but other than 3rd gear there is no other issues what so ever.