: Astra G Alarm Problems

Jake69
19-07-2011, 21:11
Hi, I have an astra MK4. The alarm hasn't sounded for a while only the lights flash. The power sounder kept going off randomly and I read that it could be the batteries in the power sounder. I cut it open, replaced the batteries and resealed it. I know the power sounder is working as when I put it back in the car I had to turn the ignition on and off to shut it up. The power sounder doesn't go off randomly any more but the alarm is still not functioning correctly. I bought an opcom obd gadget and got a fault code 121 (no response of alarm siren) but I am unable to clear it. Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to sort it?
Thanks in advance

Nik_GSI
20-07-2011, 10:43
Think everyone's had trouble with their mk4 alarms at some point or another

I'd be tempted to take it to vauxhall for piece of mind but that definitely wouldn't be the cheapest option

jiraffe
20-07-2011, 10:46
never heard of anyone thats replaced the batteries in the power sounder tbh, that might be you prob

Jake69
20-07-2011, 14:33
I followed the instructions and cut open the power sounder, de-soldered the batteries and re-soldered the new ones, the batteries cost about 20 delivered, am I allowed to post the link of where I read about it? so you can see?

Jake69
23-07-2011, 15:08
Hi just to let you know I have fixed the problem, it was bent pins on the power sounder, as soon as I realised I unbent them and refitted and now the alarm works fine, so it was a cheap fix after all

cornishtaz
23-07-2011, 15:23
Cool nice one, I've had to change the batteries on 2 mk4's so far

Nik_GSI
28-07-2011, 11:18
Hi just to let you know I have fixed the problem, it was bent pins on the power sounder, as soon as I realised I unbent them and refitted and now the alarm works fine, so it was a cheap fix after all

Good job mate